Cases for iPhone 14

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone that is currently using the ink Apple leather case on the plum iPhone 14 pro max? If so would you mind posting a picture. I’m trying to gauge how well the leather color actually matches the phone before I purchase it. Best Buy didn’t have the case to compare it to the phone. I’ve YouTube’d it but seeing it on video isn’t the same as actually seeing a picture.
Thank you to anyone who can help.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just received and set up my 14 PM yesterday ( Monday) with the case I got from Amazon. Very happy with the case so far
599453944f1fc991fc170322e3e4f73a.jpg

53c0a73922e735ebe6b685e2885a1d27.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I always buy too many cases, and I find 90% of the time I prefer the Apple Silicone Case (Product Red) so I ordered one of those, and I am done. I have about 4 cases for my 12 ProMax and the only other one I use is the Apple Leather (Product Red) and I keep going back to the silicone.

one and done!

Agreed. I bought the Apple clear MagSafe case for my 14 PM. Certainly not the cheapest but it is a confident ‘set it and forget it ‘ (one and done) purchase. It’s been about a month and so far it is the best case I’ve owned going back to my 6+.
About the only thing that now piques my interest is(or are?) cases that claim stronger than Apple magnet hold. The Apple MagSafe case has held well on my Belkin car vent mount (now that I have it, I don’t know how I got by without one) but I fortunately haven’t had any extreme breaking or swerving events. I’d like to think it will hold…

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Thank you I’m really happy I decide to upscale on phone size again…this thing is a BEAST

Thank you C!!! Here’s the link in case you’re interested. Not crazy expensive and the MagSafe magnet is strong

Meifigno Natural Magnetic Clear... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B73R8S2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3295420

This is my first upscale-->Pro Max. I was concerned about the size from reading on the internet, but I now don't know how I got by without the Pro Max size. I'm in love :)

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFWBZB5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3295546

Beware, it looks like the thin aramid ones (Pitaka, et al) but is NOT!
It's super thin, like Peel thin!
But it covers everything and it makes the phone feel case less.
Isn't going to do much for impacts but that is not the point.
It WILL prevent random scratches/wear from everyday use if you used it naked.

If you want to still have that "barely there" feeling and step up protection with real aramid, this will do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFVC83M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3295546

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Really loving this camera lens protector:

67bdc55a1d2fe123c7e6e12f4bc8ead9.jpg

WSKEN for iPhone 14 Pro/iPhone 14 Pro Max Camera Lens Protector,Matte Alloy Metal Glass Camera Screen Protector Scratch Resistant Cover Accessories 2022, Black https://a.co/d/eqJlamw

Camera is fully protected and this can be used with any case that doesn’t have its own camera protection (or without a case for those who dare to go bare, lol). I previously posted a couple of cases I was trying out that had built-in covers but this setup with the WSKEN and a regular case works best for me. I got the black to match my phone but it also comes in purple, silver, gold and green.

I ordered the purple one (obviously lol). It is quite bulky looking, so in the future I may opt for just the individual stick on rhinestone camera rings instead. I’ll stick with this for now tho

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this leather case Tuesday, received it on Wednesday and have been using it since. The quality of it is impressive! I’d say on a scale of 1-10 comparing it with Apples leather being a 10, this one is right up there with it. The color match to the deep purple on the pro max is on point, the leather is soft and feels good in hand, as well as the volume up-down/power buttons all have a nice feel to them, they’re not stiff at all (like some reviewers claimed). The price is also inexpensive…I honestly didn’t expect this case to feel that luxurious.

Limited-time deal: LONLI Classic - (for iPhone 14 Pro Max) - European Nappa Leather Case - Smoothen and Soften Over Time - Compatible with Magsafe - Deep Purple https://a.co/d/cRzzRtn

80b88691d3aac791ca2aaf90487bfe2b.png

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
when I get my phone not sure what case I would want to use but I would like a pop socket on the case or the phone like how I have with my 12 pro max.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I've been using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFWBZB5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3296147

Beware, it looks like the thin aramid ones (Pitaka, et al) but is NOT!
It's super thin, like Peel thin!
But it covers everything and it makes the phone feel case less.
Isn't going to do much for impacts but that is not the point.
It WILL prevent random scratches/wear from everyday use if you used it naked.

If you want to still have that "barely there" feeling and step up protection with real aramid, this will do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFVC83M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3296147

You have experience with these? As minimal as possible is something I’d be interested to try but that thin material over the back would have me concerned about what it does to the holding strength of the MagSafe. I know the MagSafe charging will work, I’m more concerned about the suspension holding strength. The 14 PM is Apple’s heaviest IPhone. I use it with a MagSafe car vent holder as well as the Belkin 3-1 stand. Speed bumps or potholes, silent vibration causing a fall down?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes I've used them the magsafe is very close to what a naked phone is however if you need it to be *strong* a case that has magnets is going to be what you want. Even though the thinnest, nearly skin like cases have little impact on the magsafe system, often what happens is the material being not smooth can negatively impact the hold in place power causing it to slide or fall off.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
CYRILL Crossbody Case

I’ve been a fan of Bandolier crossbody cases forever but unfortunately the only magsafe-compatible one available for the 14 series has a flap for credit cards, etc., and I wanted something simple and streamlined so I definitely didn’t want to deal with a flap.

Then I found this gem:

01a550cd5912b2df19e797224c087298.jpg

The convertible strap can be used three ways (crossbody, lanyard and wristlet) and is really clever in theory but feels a bit plasticky (unlike the Bandolier cases and straps, this is 100% leather-free) so I’m using an old Bandolier strap instead.

Case is comfortable to hold and has a non-slip texture. The sides are nice and grippy.

Works perfectly with my WSKEN camera lens protector and VICSEED Car Mount.

This is a nice, inexpensive Bandolier alternative!

CYRILL Classic Charm Mag... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2GZL4J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3296757

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
CYRILL Crossbody Case

I’ve been a fan of Bandolier crossbody cases forever but unfortunately the only magsafe-compatible one available for the 14 series has a flap for credit cards, etc., and I wanted something simple and streamlined so I definitely didn’t want to deal with a flap.

Then I found this gem:

01a550cd5912b2df19e797224c087298.jpg

The convertible strap can be used three ways (crossbody, lanyard and wristlet) and is really clever in theory but feels a bit plasticky (unlike the Bandolier cases and straps, this is 100% leather-free) so I’m using an old Bandolier strap instead.

Case is comfortable to hold and has a non-slip texture. The sides are nice and grippy.

Works perfectly with my WSKEN camera lens protector and VICSEED Car Mount.

This is a nice, inexpensive Bandolier alternative!

CYRILL Classic Charm Mag... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2GZL4J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3297497

CYRILL magsafe-compatible case shown here with the WSKEN camera protector, Spigen O-Mag ring and my own Bandolier crossbody strap which I prefer over the strap that comes with it.

95573d6fa9cb0fb0528636a48a1e9b08.jpg

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I always buy too many cases, and I find 90% of the time I prefer the Apple Silicone Case (Product Red) so I ordered one of those, and I am done. I have about 4 cases for my 12 ProMax and the only other one I use is the Apple Leather (Product Red) and I keep going back to the silicone.

one and done!

I, too, am leaning towards the Product (RED) for my Silver 14 PM.