Case and Signal issues

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I've had a look on the site and can't find the answer i'm looking for, can an iphone case affect your phones signal?

I put a new case on my phone on thurs night and lost my 3G signal which I thought was weird, I took the case off and 3G came back it may be a coincidence but I wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

Thanks

Nick

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, cases can attenuate signal and shows up as losing 3G and fewer bars. It is not unusual to see... especially on poorly made ones.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Does the Otterbox Defender have a history of attenuating signals on iPhones? I'm considering one for when I buy my iPhone 5 later this week.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Most cases will not negatively affect your signal. I've used the Otterbox defender on all my iPhones and I've never had issues. If a case is made of plastic or silicon, there's basically zero chance that case will distort the signal. Cases that contain metal have a much higher chance. But generally, most cases will have no effect on cellular performance.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had zero issues with my Defender case. Cellular and wifi signals are identical with or without the case.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Not with me

Most cases will not negatively affect your signal. I've used the Otterbox defender on all my iPhones and I've never had issues. If a case is made of plastic or silicon, there's basically zero chance that case will distort the signal. Cases that contain metal have a much higher chance. But generally, most cases will have no effect on cellular performance.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I've had zero issues with my Defender case. Cellular and wifi signals are identical with or without the case.

Thanks for all your answers! That solidifies the case I'm getting. Now to finish my Midterms so I can go buy my iPhone! ::D

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't finished my midterms yet, but I went and got my iPhone yesterday. I'm so happy I got it! I'm glad to be back in the iPhone family. My case arrives tomorrow. Got the Night Sky colored Otterbox Defender.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my new Otterbox Armor yesterday. Very solidly built, little heavy but for the protection, the xtra weight might be justified. Screen is very responsive and just for h--- of it, ( no, I'm not rich) I got on top my apartment building, 2 floors and did a straight drop. It did some fancy flipping and bouncing but the phone itself is still in perfect condition, thought it was trying out for the olympics. Few marks on the case but they but wiped off. Case slides in and out my wrangler jeans pockets just fine. So far, A very good case---it's a keeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.

I've had a look on the site and can't find the answer i'm looking for, can an iphone case affect your phones signal?

I put a new case on my phone on thurs night and lost my 3G signal which I thought was weird, I took the case off and 3G came back it may be a coincidence but I wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

Thanks

Nick

Was your case made of lead?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB