Canceling an Apple ID?

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I have been checking online and could not find any accurate info on this but was wondering if anyone in the iMore community :) knew how to o about canceling a unused Apple ID?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, you can delete alternative Email address used as Apple IDs by logging in to the myAppleID site. If you're trying to delete an Apple ID used to make purchases, I'm not sure you can. I'm not saying it is impossible, I just don't know how or have ever tried or wanted to. Apple keeps a record of everything you purchased from them and if you were to delete that account, you'd have to repurchase those items should you ever want them again therefore renaming the account is a better option. Again, I have not gone onto the Apple site to investigate this and I could be dead wrong.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Technically it is not possible according to the Apple web site but some people claim they have had it done by calling Apple and speaking to the right people. Why this is not easier to do, is beyond me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Technically it is not possible according to the Apple web site but some people claim they have had it done by calling Apple and speaking to the right people. Why this is not easier to do, is beyond me.

Thank you, Jeremy. I figured as much, but I wasn't quite certain. Thanks again. ;)

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it's an iD that I never attached a card or purchased anything from, to be honest I don't even know why I set it up with that email but after reading the post the other day about having more then one email setup to receive iMessages from I tried and found out that I had it registered to an Apple ID.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah it's an iD that I never attached a card or purchased anything from, to be honest I don't even know why I set it up with that email but after reading the post the other day about having more then one email setup to receive iMessages from I tried and found out that I had it registered to an Apple ID.

Yup, that's all it takes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni