Can you notice the difference between the two

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the iPad Air fifth generation. I’m thinking about trading mine in for the new iPad Pro. My question is do you think you will be able to notice a difference between the M1 and the old chip

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before seeing your post, I read an iMore Blog headline titled, “Benchmarks show the M1 iPad Pro is 50% faster than its predecessor”.

With that being said, my 2020 iPad Pro is fast and I mean satisfyingly fast. Yet, saying the new M1 iPad Pro is 50% faster is supposed to sway me into buying one.

If I buy one then the 2022 iPad Pro will be 50% faster than the 2021 model. Right? It never ends. Having said that, I’m sure the new iPad Pro will be faster than your current iPad Air, but that doesn’t mean you should upgrade. Is your iPad Air still doing what you need it to do and still doing it in a timely manner? If so, keep using it until it doesn’t.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
... Is your iPad Air still doing what you need it to do and still doing it in a timely manner? If so, keep using it until it doesn’t.

This is really great advice. I'm currently using an iPad Air 2. It's old, but it's been sufficient for my needs. I've noticed lately, however, that it's showing signs of aging, and there are some minor performance issues. But I'm going to continue using it for a while longer. I will probably go with a another one of of the Air Models, because I don't really need a Pro Model (even though I would love to have one)!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My 2017 iPad Pro (10.5-inch) is still running just fine for what I do, which is mainly photography editing. I'm sure the 2021 M1 powered iPad would kick its butt, but as D said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Besides, I'm waiting to see what the iPhone 13 has in store and hopefully the Apple Watch 7 will have blood glucose monitoring.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think ‘D’s advice is sensible what ever you have ! until you actually start really noticing how slowly everything is going stick with you’ve got.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien