Can you help me with a photos sharing solution for people in my family.

I

iMore Question

I would like a photos sharing idea for people in my family. Dragging photos into a shared folder isn't going to work.

I have 2 sets of grandparents on my could account and they enjoy keeping up with all the pictures in photos. I would like to move them into a separate iCloud account under families. I can't find a good solution so they can see all my photos automatically. Any advice? Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like a photos sharing idea for people in my family. Dragging photos into a shared folder isn't going to work.
Why not?

I have 2 sets of grandparents on my could account and they enjoy keeping up with all the pictures in photos. I would like to move them into a separate iCloud account under families. I can't find a good solution so they can see all my photos automatically. Any advice? Thanks
https://www.imore.com/how-to-set-up-icloud-photo-sharing

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why not just create a shared photo album then invite them all to it. Works great. I do that all the time with special events when everyone is taking pictures. Then everyone can add to the album and they show up on everyones devices.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Why not just create a shared photo album then invite them all to it. Works great. I do that all the time with special events when everyone is taking pictures. Then everyone can add to the album and they show up on everyones devices.

I do this all the time and it works great.

Jim_1234

Nov 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for an automatic solution like we have now. Lets say I take a random picture of my kids and we go on about our day. Grandparents won't ever see it. Spouses would be the same way. When everyone shares iCloud they see every pic without input. Is there anything in automater that could automatically add them to a shared folder?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking for an automatic solution like we have now. Lets say I take a random picture of my kids and we go on about our day. Grandparents won't ever see it. Spouses would be the same way. When everyone shares iCloud they see every pic without input. Is there anything in automater that could automatically add them to a shared folder?

Create a free google account separate from your main account, install google photos and allow automatic backup, give the people you want to have access the login information. Now whenever you take a pic it will be loaded into google photos and everyone with the login can see it. They can also do the same on their end and load images automatically if you wish.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8