Can Unlocked Verizon iPhone Be Used On Other Networks?

fairmarketvalue

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked iPhone 6 Plus that I bought from Verizon and use on Verizon's network. (I understand all iPhones, at least from iPhone 6 to present, are sold unlocked by Verizon.) In my opinion, Verizon generally has good coverage across the U.S., but it tends to be pricey. I have been thinking about looking for a promotional deal to move to either T-Mobile or AT&T. I remember reading that unlocked Verizon iPhones also include GSM mobile bands/frequencies. It seems to me that a Verizon iPhone could be used on T-Mobile's or AT&T's network with the substitution of an appropriate SIM card. Would I be able to do so with the iPhone 6 Plus I bought from Verizon?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The answer is yes, as stated above. Almost all of my iPhones have been from Verizon and they were able to be used on other wireless networks. Simply swap out the SIM card and go about your business.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Jus to add a wrinkle into the question, given the SIM Free models can run 1-3 months later than the carrier versions if I purchased a Verizon iPhone from Apple (Xs Plus or whatever it gets called) I have to put a Verizon SIM into it during activation before using my AT&T SIM otherwise it will be AT&T locked which is a hassle.

So my work issued phone is a Verizon phone, can I just pop in my work Nano SIM for activation purposes and then switch to the AT&T SIM and carry on? Verizon did or still does have their own activation issues unlike GSM carriers where you simply put your SIM in an go.

I would prefer not to have to wait for the SIM Free to launch since a Verizon model is a SIM Free in all but the name.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77