Best Waterproof Case for Vacation Purposes

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! I'm heading on a tropical vacation next month (yay me!) and would like to use my phone for photos on the beach and in the water, snorkeling, etc. Is there a good waterproof case that is very protective and that will allow me to actually use the phone (apps, touchscreen, calls) while it's in the case?

Thanks in advance!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lifeproof, as far as I know, is the only one that serves that full waterproof protection...and in my experience from previous iPhone versions, they're not amazing at the job. Just a bit of advice, since you're going to probably spend $100 for a case of that nature, go find yourself a nice GoPro for water sports and underwater filming...you can snag photos from the video source. My GoPro is my absolute go to device for such activities...

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks SeanHRCC! That is actually a great idea. I don't travel too often (unfortunately) with the need for underwater photos so is that the "cheapest" option? :) Or is there an alternative?

If the lifeproof hasn't been known to protect thoroughly, I don't want to risk ruining my phone! I'm glad you mentioned it!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks SeanHRCC! That is actually a great idea. I don't travel too often (unfortunately) with the need for underwater photos so is that the "cheapest" option? :) Or is there an alternative?

If the lifeproof hasn't been known to protect thoroughly, I don't want to risk ruining my phone! I'm glad you mentioned it!

In my experience, it did it's job as far as protecting the phone from being destroyed by water...but my 5S life proof case allowed some water in, moisture would build up inside the case and then photos taken would be foggy/hazy, and not look great. We went on a couple of white water rafting trips with it, and I found myself taking my phone OUT of the case to take pictures and putting it back into the case to protect it (since the hazing was so annoying).

I had a GoPro at the time but wanted to test out the life proof case to see. It was a bust to me...my GoPro has NEVER given me anything but perfect performance, and the water proof case it has actually does it's job perfectly...

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Incipio made an awesome waterproof case for the iPhone 5 called the atlas. I swore by that thing. It's a shame they don't have one for the 6plus it was definitely higher quality than life proof.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Catalyst on my iPhone 6 for about a week now and it seems like a great case. The 6+ version is being released in about 2 weeks. Sound seems good, Apple headset works without adapter and I've tried both a belkin and one other generic charging cable without issues. The biggest problem is that regular shipping takes almost 2 weeks to reach California.

iPhoneRyan

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Personally I use a Waterhero case, i've been using it all summer scubadiving in Malta and it hasn't let me down, not once! They sell them on Amazon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53