Best planner/to do app?

King310

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
what do u think is the best planner/ to do app to help remind u off what bills to pay, schedule time off or appointments?

RyanH

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I've tried several Paid and Free apps for a To-Do list/task pad (I still cannot believe Apple would make a smartphone without this!!!), I've tried pretty much all at some point (I'm a project manager, so this is a key functionality I need) and Todo by appigo is by far the most useful I've found. I also bought Notebook by appigo, they both sync up with Toodledo (free service) and work well. Franklin Covey has a pretty good one on the app store now (think it's called FC Tasks), but it doesn't sync with anything - but is very good for a "better than basic" task manager. I would go with either one of those based on your needs. Most of the others are either waaaay too basic or waaaaay too complicated to be of any real use.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
"Reminders" are not used on the iPhone. This is something that I think it is sorely missing. If you really need to remember something at a certain date and time, I set a calendar appointment and mark it as "free" time with a reminder.

yildi

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I now use only Pocket Informant and am very happy with the integration of tasks in the agenda. It's tasks module is also as usable as the standalone apps I have bought before it's publication in the Appstore.
Murat

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
You can set up reminders, sort of, with ToDo. I have ToDo sync with toodledo and I have toodleDo send me a text reminder of the task. if you don't have an unlimited texting plan you can set it up to send you email. My text comes in about an hour before the due time, so it works pretty well for me.

How To Get Alerts for Tasks on your iPhone

BigDaddyQB

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
"Reminders" are not used on the iPhone. This is something that I think it is sorely missing. If you really need to remember something at a certain date and time, I set a calendar appointment and mark it as "free" time with a reminder.

Yeah that's what I do now. Not real fond of having to do double entry. To some extent, it defeats the purpose of a to do list, for me anyway. What I find very valuable is being reminded to do something, rather than having to go check. Kind of like having push email instead of fetch, if you will. Is the lack of reminder functionality due to some unexposed iPhone API or just something that's too hard to code? Seems the capability is there, since one can set calendar reminders as well as an actual alarm via the clock.

tapfactory

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Try "Stick It"

You might want to try "Stick It", which is very useful for immediate reminders without having to open an app to view them. You can create reminders to place as your wallpaper on your lock screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD