Best Buy has Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular for $100 off!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I went to Best Buy tonight and purchased a brand new 42mm Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular for $329.99! It was the same price as the GPS-only version. I had a GPS-only version before, but I didn't like that it had to be tethered to my iPhone X in order to get any functionality out of it. Now I can use my Apple Watch without my phone around! This is exciting!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I went to Best Buy tonight and purchased a brand new 42mm Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular for $329.99! It was the same price as the GPS-only version. I had a GPS-only version before, but I didn't like that it had to be tethered to my iPhone X in order to get any functionality out of it. Now I can use my Apple Watch without my phone around! This is exciting!

What a fantastic deal! Congratulations! I have the same watch as you and am still thrilled everyday!

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Is it true that you have to pay something like $10 a month on your cellular plan to be able to use the Watch without the phone nearby?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it true that you have to pay something like $10 a month on your cellular plan to be able to use the Watch without the phone nearby?

It is considered an add-on device on every carrier that I’ve seen. Simply put, wireless carriers aren’t going to give you access to their network for free. Verizon and T-Mobile both charge $10/month. I’m not sure what everyone else charges but it’s probably the same.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely! I’ve read the drain is pretty fast making any calls on LTE but that is to be expected.

It definitely does but LTE is only activated when you’re away from your iPhone AND not connected to a known WiFi network. That happens pretty infrequently in my life but it’s nice to have the LTE option when needed. Going on family vacation in a week and it will be nice to be able to leave my phone safely at the condo when we go down to the beach.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
It definitely does but LTE is only activated when you’re away from your iPhone AND not connected to a known WiFi network. That happens pretty infrequently in my life but it’s nice to have the LTE option when needed. Going on family vacation in a week and it will be nice to be able to leave my phone safely at the condo when we go down to the beach.

I definitely have to read more about how Apple Watches Work. When my fitbit blaze dies (and there are no more firmware updates for it-I just bought it in November and already it was replaced by a newer model) I will be looking at options.

So I heard that the first Apple Watches now do not get updates. So how many years would you say if you bought a series 3, would it be able to be updated from Apple? Any guess?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I definitely have to read more about how Apple Watches Work. When my fitbit blaze dies (and there are no more firmware updates for it-I just bought it in November and already it was replaced by a newer model) I will be looking at options.

So I heard that the first Apple Watches now do not get updates. So how many years would you say if you bought a series 3, would it be able to be updated from Apple? Any guess?

The first gen Apple Watch (also known as “Series 0”) was released in 2015 so if the pattern continues we should see Series 3 support until 2020. One thing to note, however, is that there’s a considerable difference between the first gen and the current. It’s very possible we won’t see that big of a difference between models going forward and Series 3 will support new versions of watchOS for a longer period of time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB