BBM-like app for iPhone

CammieB

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm being told theres an app where u can 'msg' a bbm user using their pin or phone # and it shows up like text for u and bbm for them. Any truth to this?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
WhatsApp has a few advantages. One - it doesn't count against your texts, so it's like texts for free. Two - you can send pictures with it - that don't count against your mms plan. Three - you can even send pictures from/to an iPhone 2, which doesn't support mms any other way.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
WhatsApp also can by used in WiFi mode only. For those times you want your phone off but still want to communicate.

As Alli said, WA is available for BB as well as iPhone. They are also working on Android and Symbian versions.

I still text but I prefer WA. I use like IM i guess. In fact I dumped BeeJive and Meebo and am just using WA for all IMing.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
WhatsApp has a few advantages. One - it doesn't count against your texts, so it's like texts for free. Two - you can send pictures with it - that don't count against your mms plan. Three - you can even send pictures from/to an iPhone 2, which doesn't support mms any other way.

Sounds a lot better than just texting now.....lol. I didnt know about all those features.

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Textie also kinda does the same thing as WhatsApp, but the network effect plays a big part (i.e. Alli's friends all have WhatsApp, so they use that).

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have unlimited texting but not unlimited data.... although i've had this thing 3 weeks and I've yet to put it down yet have not come CLOSE to 2gb! I'm at 180mb LOL with one week to go this month!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23