Battery life on SE

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I actually have them both and SE is really close to 6+ battery life. They're both fantastic. I say if i use them with similar activities, 6s plus will have 10% more battery life so pretty close.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't switched (I use an iPhone 6s) and don't have an iPhone SE, but my boyfriend has the SE and he recently told me he can get 3 days of usage out of his phone between charges. And that's with him constantly browsing/posting on Facebook and occasionally playing Pokemon GO.

SorinaL

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys! (I also posted this on the other thread about the battery life, but no one answered, and I am in a rush :( )
I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, then 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data and location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine ).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo :)) ) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
UPDATE: Charged it last night to 100%, used it until 97% and over night it dropped to 93% (I had only wifi enabled.. got some notifications, but the phone was face down so the screen didn't light up). Basically, the usage is around 6 hours..
Some opinios, pleaase? Should I send it to the Apple Service Provider?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys! (I also posted this on the other thread about the battery life, but no one answered, and I am in a rush :( )
I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, then 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data and location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine ).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo :)) ) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
UPDATE: Charged it last night to 100%, used it until 97% and over night it dropped to 93% (I had only wifi enabled.. got some notifications, but the phone was face down so the screen didn't light up). Basically, the usage is around 6 hours..
Some opinios, pleaase? Should I send it to the Apple Service Provider?

I am experiencing the same....

I've been having the same issues on mine, but it started in 10.0.2 about 6 days ago. I have an iPhone SE and battery life used to be amazing. I think mine might have something to do with faulty logic board or something (perhaps from a drop) because now my battery will drop 1% (say from 100% to 99%) and then drop to 98% quicker than it use to before. For example, let's say my battery drops to 99% and then I make a 30 second phone call. The phone will be down to 98%, and then if I use Safari for like 1 min it'll drop to 97 and then (sometimes) down to 96% within like 30 seconds.

I've tried hard resetting, running as a new phone without backup, signing out of iCloud, battery saver mode, etc. This SE still has warranty and I had it tested at the Apple store and they said the health was good. I also downloaded battery health apps that said the same thing, so I think it might be a hardware issue with the logic board and battery. I dropped the phone before in my house, but there are no signs of damage or anything from the outside so maybe it took shock on the inside?

Apple store is of no help, luckily I have warranty so I will press the issue of getting mine replaced or swapped or something done...

SorinaL

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the same....

I've been having the same issues on mine, but it started in 10.0.2 about 6 days ago. I have an iPhone SE and battery life used to be amazing. I think mine might have something to do with faulty logic board or something (perhaps from a drop) because now my battery will drop 1% (say from 100% to 99%) and then drop to 98% quicker than it use to before. For example, let's say my battery drops to 99% and then I make a 30 second phone call. The phone will be down to 98%, and then if I use Safari for like 1 min it'll drop to 97 and then (sometimes) down to 96% within like 30 seconds.

I've tried hard resetting, running as a new phone without backup, signing out of iCloud, battery saver mode, etc. This SE still has warranty and I had it tested at the Apple store and they said the health was good. I also downloaded battery health apps that said the same thing, so I think it might be a hardware issue with the logic board and battery. I dropped the phone before in my house, but there are no signs of damage or anything from the outside so maybe it took shock on the inside?

Apple store is of no help, luckily I have warranty so I will press the issue of getting mine replaced or swapped or something done...

Thanks for the reply!! I saw now that you answered on the other thread, too. Thanks!!

So I'm not that crazy ! :)) Last nigh I managed to use it for 7h and 36H in standby. From 100% to 6%, with low battery mode from 15%. But c'mon...I can't do this on a regular basis..Today I charged it to 98%, used it for 1h21min in Whatsapp (most of the time); Camera, Snapchat, Messenger and a Editing app for less then 5 minutes each. And I have 86% :confused:

So ... Right now I'm more confused about what to do. I think I'll go to Orange, because I have the warranty and an assurance.. I only hope that they will find what is wrong or that they will replace it...I'm so skeptical about this :(

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I actually have them both and SE is really close to 6+ battery life. They're both fantastic. I say if i use them with similar activities, 6s plus will have 10% more battery life so pretty close.

Thanks for the feedback. A friend of mine is thinking about purchasing one. I said the battery life was good but now that i hear it from a actual owner, i can say it with more confidence. :)

Carl Rosen

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Since the upgrade to 10.1, battery life is actually better!
After 9 hours; (7AM), of ITunes, Emails, texts, etc., I'm still at 70%, even with my wifi turned on in the office, since 9AM!
No complaints here; LOVE my SE!
TMO/NYC

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien