Audible on Apple Watch - Sync Issue

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If you listen to Audible books on your Apple Watch, maybe you can help me. I have an Audible book on my iPhone and on my watch and there are two problems.

First, if Sync Across Devices is turned on in the player settings, the book on the watch and the phone will sync, BUT it will always sync to whatever position is on the phone, regardless of whether the book is further along on the watch or the phone. It SHOULD sync to whichever position is furthest along, but it doesn't. The only way to prevent that happening is to turn off Sync Across Devices. I WANT them to sync properly so that I can listen to the book on my watch (sans phone) when running and then listen to the book on my phone when in the car. Does anyone have this working as it should?

Second, and this is a minor inconvenience, if I'm listening to my Audible book on the watch and come within bluetooth range of the phone, the watch player stops and it immediately starts playing the book from the phone instead (regardless of the fact that they are not synced).

By the way, I did a fairly lengthy search for a solution and all the info I can find is about how to get an Audible book on the watch. That's easy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone will come along who can assist you, sir. In the meantime, have an awesome rest of your evening.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully, someone will come along who can assist you, sir. In the meantime, have an awesome rest of your evening.

Thank you sir!

I've been trying to get help from Audible's customer support, to no avail. The first guy that responded sent a VERY long explanation of how to get Audible books on the watch. :mad: The next guy appears to have actually read my complaint, but alas his suggestions don't work either.

I am a little surprised that no iMore members have experienced this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77