Are you currently Jailbroken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AshleyT1313

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Apple....

Answer me this....

Why, if Apple is so dead set on being so "people friendly" do they insist on not letting the general public further their knowledge of technology and deny the privaledge of finding new ways to use a device that its PURPOSE is to do such things!

The jailbroken apps wouldnt work if the device couldnt support it, so dont you think that the purpose of that said device was designed to support and execute these programs anyway....so why try to make it illegal? Theres always a "better" way to do things, and society will always be there to find it!

I agree with anyone who has said it before.... Apple just doesnt want anyone taking "credit" for their invention.... or making it better, basically, it wasnt their idea and they didnt want it, so no one should be able to do it. Constructive criticism should always be welcomed to knowledgeable minds and for them to deny anyone giving that to them by means of making these apps just shows how much "intelligence" they have. It is also proven that Apple doesnt want anyone to find out how they made the device so no one could compete with them in regards to phones. They have come out with TouchScreen phones in the past but none has ever compared..... until recently. The execution of the "Jailbreak" has made it easier for competitors to duplicate Apple's processes(they say it wouldve taken the competitors up to 3 years more to duplicate it without the use of jailbreaking), but they have yet to master it.... only because Apple has protected right over things that the competitors really need. Even though jailbreaking has paved the way for competitors to create a device comparable to the iPhone, Apple still has Die-Hard fans and supporters that outweigh the competition severely because of the stability of their systems.

Plus, everyone needs competition in their life.....wheres the excitement if theres no competition to challenge you?

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Number 50 here for the jailbreak side. Loved my 3GS out of the box and the app store does keep the phone feeling fresh with new material to play with but after a while, it does get dull. I kept debating whether to jailbreak and risking my warranty for something that could possibly brick my phone. But since I did have a similar experience with two "jailbroken" devices, I knew this will bring customization to a whole new level for my phone. I remember hacking into my old PSP and having custom themes and other stuff running flawlessly as well as hacking my first smartphone (Palm Centro) which made my experience x10 better on both devices. So I decided the hell with it, lets make it ra1n w/ GeoHotz' jailbreak program. As long as you know what your doing and watch tutorials before hand, you'll be set and ready to change the things that will make the iPhone probably the last phone you'll own. Unless of course your upgrading to a better model.

lexus012#IM

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Right now I do not have a JB phone. Since my phone is new to me it will take me a while to get use to it. But, at some point I will want to customize and I will be looking to JB. Just wish I did not have to tether to do it......my serial # is xx944..........That is also deterring me from having to re-JB in the event of a power down or reboot. So I am on the fence.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the non-jailbreakers realize how much can be done with this phone to make it alot better. I'm 28 and by no means a kid and not looking for just wallpapers and such. But there are musts or options for this phone that Apple doesn't provide.

SBSettings/Toggle - Toggle on the top of screen to turn on and off processes such things as bluetooth, wifi, phone, than the options of hiding icons, than the option for a reboot,power off, lock and safe mode all on one screen.

Backgrounder - To keep any or some programs open until you close them manually

3G unrestrictor - Fools programs into thinking your on wi-fi (Big Itunes updates that are 10mb or more)

Quickreply SMS - Doesn't close applications when you recieve a test and reply to that text

Just to name a few, but how can the average Iphone user not want these options on there phone for the trouble of a 5 minute plug and play jailbreak program.

Josh

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Well,I just recently JB my 3G. I must say I really like it!:) I mainly JB for PDAnet and GV Mobile. The rest is just extra for me. VERY NICE extra but still extra.;)

While I do love my JB 3G, IF I ever had to go back to the just "stock" iPhone I would be just as happy with it as I would with the JB version.:cool:

That is my $0.02!!:D:p:D

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering how many iPhones out there are jailbroken. I had heard around four million before I jailbroke my phone. Then blackra1n came out and made the process so easy. I've told all my friends to jb using blackrain so I know it's up to atleast 4 million and three. Has anybody heard any different numbers?

... (mumbles) Stupid curiosity making me wake up at midnight to search the forums.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4