Are there any diagnostics I can run to see if my iPhone has water damage?

I

iMore Question

I had the infamous toilet drop of my 22-month old XS. I am drying it out now. The SIM card liquid indicator may be partially red; it's hard to tell.

Once it has dryed out, are there any diagnsostics I can run to see if it has been damaged? If it is going to need to be replaced, I want to do it while still within the AppleCare+ two-year $99 replacement period.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wet XS Liquid with AppleCare+: Options, Diagnostics?

I had the infamous toilet drop of my 22-month old XS. I am drying it out now. The SIM card liquid indicator may be partially red; it's hard to tell.

Once it has dryed out, are there any diagnsostics I can run to see if it has been damaged? If it is going to need to be replaced, I want to do it while still within the AppleCare+ two-year $99 replacement period.

If it were me, I would take advantage of Apple Care Plus and get the device replaced. Isn’t that the purpose of purchasing Apple Care Plus?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! I’m sorry you’re having this issue. I myself have had a couple of “near misses”. I would seriously consider contacting Apple Support about this, especially since you have Apple Care.

In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
https://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I agree with D...I’d just get it replaced. That way you know you’ll have a working device.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wet XS Liquid with AppleCare+: Options, Diagnostics?

I’ve taken my XS in the pool many times with it getting submerged countless times. These phones are water resistant for something like 3 feet up to 30 mins or so. I took my phone to Apple a ways back to make sure it didn’t set off sensors and it did not. If it’s a toilet drop, your phone is fine. My phone has been submerged at least 20 times in the pool and or water park and was fine.

iZeep

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I’ve taken my XS in the pool many times with it getting submerged countless times. These phones are water resistant for something like 3 feet up to 30 mins or so. I took my phone to Apple a ways back to make sure it didn’t set off sensors and it did not. If it’s a toilet drop, your phone is fine. My phone has been submerged at least 20 times in the pool and or water park and was fine.

OP here: No such luck for me. FaceID not working at all. I could live with that if I didn't have AC+ but I'd be worried that I'd have more problems. I'm doing the accidental damage replacement. I'm amazed and pleased how quick and EZ the express replacement is. I know that people debate whether AC is worth the cost, but I now think it's not just about insuring the cost of replacement, but the speed and ease of the process.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

OP here: No such luck for me. FaceID not working at all. I could live with that if I didn't have AC+ but I'd be worried that I'd have more problems. I'm doing the accidental damage replacement. I'm amazed and pleased how quick and EZ the express replacement is. I know that people debate whether AC is worth the cost, but I now think it's not just about insuring the cost of replacement, but the speed and ease of the process.

Then why even the question here?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77