Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

mheusler65

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch Order status follow-up

NYC ain't too far and I know of no one in NYC who has their order prepare for shipping yet. So maybe it is geographic?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, because it seems like some people who put their orders in the same time as others are going to get their watch on launch day and others aren't, and I get that maybe you and maybe some other people don't care about, but some people do. And that doesn't make anyone better or worse than anyone else, it's just the way that it is. I definitely get a thrill of getting my apple product on launch day, Apple knows people feels that way. At the stores on launch day an alien could mistake the scene for a religious revival, so for them to act like its just business as usual that some people get shipping notifications and others don't and some get their products on launch day and others don't, is nonsense.

But April 24th is not even here yet. That's not even taking into consideration the weather we've all been experiencing as of late which could be a factor of which Apple or the shipping entities have no control over.

gadgetman#CB

Oct 9, 2008
Visit site

I agree, it's not a letdown, we are well within (actually before) the original 4/24 to 5/8 dates. It's only a letdown if they don't deliver in that window. The only thing 'let down' at this point are unrealistic expectations.

tonztime

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

I want this to be true as I ordered a 42mm SS/black sport and a 38mm SS/white sport and the white has already charged and changed to preparing and I ordered the 42mm first. btw, I'm in CA and order was placed 12:02 PST as well.

mheusler65

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I think it is their fault. If two people place an order at the same time and one gets their product before the other, that's not the way it should work. This whole launch has been handled rather poorly IMO. I know that doesn't make it right. But they've neber handled a preorder like this. Where the first orderes where given a window and then people within that window were treated differently. Maybe I'm nuts, it just feels like it was poorly planned.

tonztime

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

From a chat with an apple employee, it appears they are processing orders by model and by location - which is why those of us with a SS/black sport and space gray sport all seem to still be waiting (for the most part). How true that is, I cannot be certain, but figured I'd share what i heard.

Edit - I am in NJ and waiting for a status update on my SS/black sport. Order placed 3:02 EST

I want this to be true as I ordered a 42mm SS/black sport and a 38mm SS/white sport and the white has already charged and changed to preparing and I ordered the 42mm first. btw, I'm in CA and order was placed 12:02 PST as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I think it is their fault. If two people place an order at the same time and one gets their product before the other, that's not the way it should work. This whole launch has been handled rather poorly IMO. I know that doesn't make it right. But they've neber handled a preorder like this. Where the first orderes where given a window and then people within that window were treated differently. Maybe I'm nuts, it just feels like it was poorly planned.

Last week, I ordered an iOttie 2 vehicle mount from the iMore Store for one of my brothers. The warehouse location is in Inverness, Florida, probably a 40 minute drive from Orlando via the turnpike. Instead of shipping from Inverness to Orlando, the order was shipped to Jacksonville, FL. and then from Jacksonville to Orlando. If I had ordered two at the same time and sent one to Jacksonville and another one to Orlando, the person in Jacksonville would have received it first.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I think they are doing by lottery.
My son and I are located in Michigan. We ordered the 42 space gray with black sports band at the exact same time. Our confirmation emails are both time stamped 03:02 EDT. My order has been charged and is preparing to ship. He has not seen any activity on his order.

All this calling and chatting with Apple seems to be only the employees opinion and not fact.

Last edited:

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

I am starting to wonder if it is a lottery type system. I don't think they are doing a lottery for who gets it shipped first but I think processing is lottery based. I think most if not all of the people who are waiting will get their notification today and tomorrow they will all ship. I read that Apple is sending the watches to distribution centers and then they are going out for delivery which is when you'll see your shipping notification. I think once they are scanned at the distribution centers they will update the rest of us to shipping or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Just curious anyone who's order status has changed did you get a push notification from the Apple Store app? I have the order status notifications enabled under the account section of the app.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site

Just curious anyone who's order status has changed did you get a push notification from the Apple Store app? I have the order status notifications enabled under the account section of the app.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I was wondering the same thing. My status changed but no notification. I'm will to bet when it goes to "shipped" I will see a notification.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I agree, it's not a letdown, we are well within (actually before) the original 4/24 to 5/8 dates. It's only a letdown if they don't deliver in that window. The only thing 'let down' at this point are unrealistic expectations.

And like Albert Ellis would have said: Only you can make you upset/let down/anxious/etc.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I received a notification from the app that my cable had shipped. It came in a few minutes after I got the email.

Just tracked the cable and I'll be getting it Thursday. Shipped from PA. My phone number is one of the reference numbers for tracking.

zsmithwx

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

I am starting to wonder if it is a lottery type system. I don't think they are doing a lottery for who gets it shipped first but I think processing is lottery based. I think most if not all of the people who are waiting will get their notification today and tomorrow they will all ship. I read that Apple is sending the watches to distribution centers and then they are going out for delivery which is when you'll see your shipping notification. I think once they are scanned at the distribution centers they will update the rest of us to shipping or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your status change yet? Or have you been charged?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjkradel