Apple TV (2010) give away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

0thundr0

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Grow My Apple Collection!!

The only Apple product I have is the iPhone4. The addition of an Apple TV would be great. I have Netflix and high speed internet, but have never streamed Netflix. My wife and kid would love some instant family time! Also, the $0.99 rentals would keep me from using Redbox to fill in with.

microapps

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
15 Year Old iOS Developer May Need to Test Apps On Apple TV

I am a 15 year old iOS application designer and, more recently as I am currently learning how to code, developer living in London, UK. I don't have to be within the US, do I? Anyway, you can find all of my work on microapps.co.uk. If Apple do unveil an official way to run iOS apps on Apple TV, I would of course love to look into building an app for it, which would require being able to properly test on a real device. Plus, I am an enormous Apple fan. Anything new comes out, I research everything there is to know about it until I am a walking-talking Apple-only Wikipedia. If anyone would like to know more about my work, or anything else, please to get in touch. I love to chat with other people who adore Apple and what they do.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to win the Apple TV 2010! There are so many reasons... but I'd love to be able to stick it in the grandkids toy room and be able to stream the movie collection to the TV there... no more messy DVDs to get all fingerprinted up, scratched and worse. Plus there's the whole Airstream thing... and the $0.99 tv show rentals and Netflix thing...

I guess I need this thing for MANY reasons...

I hope I win, but win or lose, a huge thanks to the folks at TiPb for the giveaway!

anthmoksh

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Need it for my .m4v Videos

Just finished converting 2500 videos in m4v format. Tv Shows and Movies properly tagged for iTunes. Need a device to use it on my beautiful projector. Apple TV with Netflix is the best option.

bluecrabby

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple TV 2.0

I'm most excited for AirPlay, I see that being a hugely convenient way to share what I'm watching with the rest of the house. Netflix is a great touch. Even though there are (at least) four ways to stream Netflix to the TV in this house not having to switch inputs is worth it's weight in gold. I'm also really excited for YouTube integration. I love watching old Star Trek episodes on YouTube and all my current solutions have major trade-offs. Thanks for running the contest!

OdB#IM

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here we go:

1. I live in The Netherlands (yeah that is in Europe, Amsterdam, stuff, red light district, you know), and
2. It allways rains in The Netherlands, and
3. Even when it doesn't rain in The Netherlands, the sky is as grey as Clint Eastwoods hair, and
4. therefore the only thing one could do (besides toying with an iphone4, get stoned, or stare at h**kers behind a window (honoustly, I don't do that)), is watching TV (ok, and browsing TIPB.com),

So one might think, why doesn't this guy buy an Apple TV? Well,
5. They don't sell it in That Grey Place called The Netherlands!

OdB (who already has bought a hdmi cable knowing those guys and girls at TIPB will rescue him from the rain and greyness)

Thanx Rene, Chad, Jeremy, Leanna, Georgia, Allyson and Dieter (hey, that sounds German!)

chicken

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Looking for the Apple TV because I currently have a fairly expensive Samsung BluRay DVD player which is supposed to stream Netflix, which is the main reason I bought, that works very sporadically. Using one of the four iPhones in the house as a remote is a really cool added bonus.

Stubbs69

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I want it because I have faith that its just the beginning. I have a feeling it will become more powerful than you can imagine....

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Two reasons I need it.

First, aim on the cusp on becoming an Apple loving, PC hating, iOS fanboy. With the conversion to the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and my wife's iMac, I am this close (two fingers held very closely together) to falling headfirst into fanboy status.

Second, I can then use it as an excuse to get an HD TV for the bedroom.

Chris

drewb2b

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
AppleTV entry

What can I say that you haven't already:

"Is it all-about AirPlay? Netflix calling your name? Is it for the children? Need them $0.99 rentals? Or do you just have to have everything iOS?"

So to answer you question kind sir... Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. And what was the last answer? Oh yeah, Yes.

But in all seriousness, I've tried countless ways to stream my media (movies, music, pics) off of an iMac up to my Sony BD player. Heh... good luck with that. Sony told me, "It's because you are on a Mac." Oh really. So the 5 Mac based, and 3 PC (Win7) based DLNA home media services I tried... what's the reason for that?

Wait, am I rambling?!? I must be, I have visions of an AppleTV dancing in my head.

Cheers.
- Drew

hornsbym

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The kids and I would love to be able to stream netflix on the big screen and of course Airplay. I am a new convert to Apple and want to embrace the culture 100%. :)

sickchilly

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I gotta have Apple-quality Netflix streaming on my big screen. The Wii implementation is a constantly-buffering joke and I'm sick of hooking up my laptop via DVI. Bonus that it gets all my iTunes content on the big screen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.