Apple rips the headphone jack out of the 10th generation iPad

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I usually use my AirPods with my iPad Air 4. However, there has been an occasion where I forgot to charge them and needed to use wired earbuds. I have an Aux to USB-C dongle/connector that works just fine.

ca9d37aa20a386e571d13978720d22ec.jpg

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Just proves that not all celebrities are crazy !

Ummm no it doesn't. I get there may be people who prefer wired headphones. To each their own. Some people prefer non "smart" cell phones too. Understanding that wired can enhance sound quality, the tether of a wire to the source is a substantially! lesser user experience than being wire free. And what TWEBs can do because of the power source, SOC software and integration is SD vs 4k60

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ummm no it doesn't. I get there may be people who prefer wired headphones. To each their own. Some people prefer non "smart" cell phones too. Understanding that wired can enhance sound quality, the tether of a wire to the source is a substantially! lesser user experience than being wire free. And what TWEBs can do because of the power source, SOC software and integration is SD vs 4k60

Twaddle !

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
These writers kill me with their wording. "Rip it out", like they're mad or something.

Funny and true. An Apple engineer just grabbed a pair of needle nose pliers and just yanked it out!

It’s understandable that a few will be unhappy with it yanked! out but there’s an important flip side to the coin: every square millimeter of real estate inside compact personal electronics is highly valuable. Even more critical is real estate that requires a physical opening on the device’s housing. it may not seem like much but it can be the difference in changing the overall design.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
And sadly, it works

By works… you mean alienate the existing reader base until they get their news from another more credible source.

Edit:it’s also a bit odd imore didn’t cover apples q4 22 earnings results.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
By works… you mean alienate the existing reader base until they get their news from another more credible source.

Edit:it’s also a bit odd imore didn’t cover apples q4 22 earnings results.

That is definitely odd! as a regular viewer of the “iMore Show“, there is always considerable discussion about writing about that. They would sit in on the report and it was long and very detail oriented. I am really surprised that none of them have written about it yet.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If overexcited titles like that were on a video, they would instantly, and in my view,correctly, be labelled Clickbait !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8