Apple May Be Pricing Me Out Of Their Product Lines

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
OnePlus (well known Android OEM) updated its first phone, the OnePlus One which was released in 2014, to Android 9 Pie a few months ago. It launched on Android 4 Kitkat.

So there’s an Android phone that has lasted (much) more than 2 years with updates :p

Do you have a one plus from 2014?

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Literally every big Android Manufacturer’s flagships have a ‘premium look’ because they’re also made out of metal and glass ._.

And other Android companies like Nokia, Huawei, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Samsung (I could go on) has a track record of updating their phones for at least 2 years if not longer (more with security updates)

Does it carry all those benefits I stated at $400 sir

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Look, I’m not saying Apple is better than Android or the reverse, because it’s subjective, depends on what you want from a phone and is bound to trigger an endless and heated argument.

All I’m doing is dispelling the myth that Android phones aren’t as well made as their Apple counterparts, are only given 1 software update and customer service is non existent etc. Because it’s just not true.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
I can name quite a few Android mid rangers that are made out of metal and glass and are at around that price (Mi 9T and SE, Samsung A8 to name a few)

You still haven’t told me which one plus updated to android 9 and was made in 2014. You sent no proof to back your claim. Please read what is been said before saying good mid range device around $400 because you just getting the device with no support whatsoever

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Look, I’m not saying Apple is better than Android or the reverse, because it’s subjective, depends on what you want from a phone and is bound to trigger an endless and heated argument.

All I’m doing is dispelling the myth that Android phones aren’t as well made as their Apple counterparts, are only given 1 software update and customer service is non existent etc. Because it’s just not true.

Only android device I know with good customer support is the pixel phone

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
I literally named the phone for you...by the looks of it you can read properly (not sure whether you can type properly though), so what’s the confusion for?

THE ONEPLUS ONE WAS RELEASED IN 2014, WAS UPDATED TO 2019 SOFTWARE AND COST NEARLY $400.

And if you don’t trust me, look it up!

I think you need to look it up and put the link here so you can let others see what you are claiming

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I’ve experienced customer support from Xiaomi as well and they were very helpful, more so than I expected. Look, your question was ‘Which android phone lasts more than 2 years with updates’. I answered it. If you can’t trust somebody else’s words simply because you don’t want to believe them or disagree with them then it defeats the whole purpose of this forum and those like it.

And as I’ve said, I’m not saying x is better than y. You asked a question. I answered it. It should be a relatively straightforward q/a or conversation....not a debate where I have to spell out your words for you because you insist you asked something that you didn’t.

The only android device with good customer support you know is the Pixel. Fine, my experience says otherwise, but you probably had different customer support staff speaking to you. You are happy with your iPhone XR and prefer it to Android phones for a number of reasons. Good for you, the XR is a great phone, and does have some unique advantages/features compared to Android devices (e.g iOS, faster, FaceID) as well as vice versa.

As I’ve said before, you asked a question. I answered it. Not hard.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
So it’s not good to have choices? There should only be one phone good enough for everyone?

I’m using an iPhone XR currently because it does what I need and I like it! I also have a Nokia 7.1 which is a darned good phone. What is this argument about?

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
So it’s not good to have choices? There should only be one phone good enough for everyone?

I’m using an iPhone XR currently because it does what I need and I like it! I also have a Nokia 7.1 which is a darned good phone. What is this argument about?

Basically I answered his questions/points (one of them wrongly), misread an article and the debate developed into a wider one about Android vs Apple.

Sorry that I got it wrong, just tired of false anti Android digs, I get it a lot at work.

Last edited:

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Basically I answered his questions (one of them wrongly), misread an article and the debate developed into a wider one about Android vs Apple.

Sorry that I got it wrong, just tired of false anti Android digs, I get it a lot at work.

What questions did I ask you

J Dubbs

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
iPhone market share is dropping for a reason. Everyone has a limit and more and more people are reaching theirs.
I hope, for the sake of all those that continue to support them, that Apple realizes this. We’ll see.

Truer words have never been spoken. Samsung and Apple have been getting destroyed in the marketplace, Samsung has countered with the A line which are selling like hotcakes, Apple has countered by doing nothing and pretending not to notice. From early observations I'd say Apple fans and stockholders might want to keep their eyes on Apples prices and business choices over the next couple of years.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Without Apple Store, Apple Care, Genius Bar & such support, here in the Caribbean one must be triply careful with purchases & aftercare. There are also higher costs involved but Apple still provides the most reliable & dependable devices thus the 'support net' & 'security blankets' aren't often a factor. Generally speaking, a new iPhone averages $2600 B'dos (incl taxes) dollars ie around $13-1500 USD. The repair / replace equation is quite different as well. Fully realizing that a comparatively small market makes it impossible for a merchant to offer many of the pluses ( eg refund/exchange policies would be deemed very severe when compared to the US, Canada being 'in-between' that way ) one must both be cautious when shopping and also take care of one's stuff. Very very few people use high end phones without cases & screen protection- both usually purchased before leaving the store.
We run 2 iPhone 8Pluses ( one 18 months old, one 2 months.) An iPhone 7Plus with a new battery ( phone is 2016) an iPad Air 2 & a Mini4 ( both 2015) and my iMac desktop ( 2012). All are working well and no replacement plans unless something busts.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Truer words have never been spoken. Samsung and Apple have been getting destroyed in the marketplace, Samsung has countered with the A line which are selling like hotcakes, Apple has countered by doing nothing and pretending not to notice. From early observations I'd say Apple fans and stockholders might want to keep their eyes on Apples prices and business choices over the next couple of years.

I did venture into the current Android Market purchasing 2 Samsung A20 phones plus cases & screens. I did the set-up as the devices were gifts for friends. I was very impressed with the features ( Touch AND Face ID enabled concurrently) but of course 'time will tell' re durability/ build quality. The phones will I'm sure be well cared for and oh, by the way totaled ( 2 phones, 2 screen protectors, 2 SD cards) including tax just a shade over $1000 Barbados $ (500 USD). ie a fraction of Apple price.... Yes, there was a sale involved but the reduction was minimal.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
I did venture into the current Android Market purchasing 2 Samsung A20 phones plus cases & screens. I did the set-up as the devices were gifts for friends. I was very impressed with the features ( Touch AND Face ID enabled concurrently) but of course 'time will tell' re durability/ build quality. The phones will I'm sure be well cared for and oh, by the way totaled ( 2 phones, 2 screen protectors, 2 SD cards) including tax just a shade over $1000 Barbados $ (500 USD). ie a fraction of Apple price.... Yes, there was a sale involved but the reduction was minimal.

They will be running slow in less that six months.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77