Apple May Be Pricing Me Out Of Their Product Lines

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

Look I don’t know why you’re so determined on dissing Android/Samsung phones, calling them trash and making up/exaggerating very minor issues which affect a certain percentage of all phones then using that to justify false sweeping statements.

I like iPhones....still have a few which I use as media players or to experiment with (software wise). I just prefer Samsung devices to use as my daily driver. I have an iPad Pro 10.5 inch 2017 which I love...especially its performance and multitasking ability.

Can you just tell me what you take issue with whenever I or someone else say anything positive about an Android device?

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Look I don’t know why you’re so determined on dissing Android/Samsung phones, calling them trash and making up/exaggerating very minor issues which affect a certain percentage of all phones then using that to justify false sweeping statements.

I like iPhones....still have a few which I use as media players or to experiment with (software wise). I just prefer Samsung devices to use as my daily driver. I have an iPad Pro 10.5 inch 2017 which I love...especially its performance and multitasking ability.

Can you just tell me what you take issue with whenever I or someone else say anything positive about an Android device?

You have me confused because I switch from HTC to iPhone because android is falling down. My last device was htc 10. I have never ever owned a Samsung and won’t either. Too many of the people around me complain about their phones and still buy them

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
1. That didn’t answer my question
2. HTC is essentially bust and their phones are mediocre, I agree
3. You won’t ever own a Samsung device, ok, and in your opinion the best Android phone is the Pixel series from Google (I like their phones as well)

None of those answer my question...because now I’m confused as well. Let me re-phrase it:

“Do you take issue with someone praising Android/wishing for certain specific improvements with iPhones and/or preferring an Android device to an Apple one?”

Simple yes/no question.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
1. That didn’t answer my question
2. HTC is essentially bust and their phones are mediocre, I agree
3. You won’t ever own a Samsung device, ok, and in your opinion the best Android phone is the Pixel series from Google (I like their phones as well)

None of those answer my question...because now I’m confused as well. Let me re-phrase it:

“Do you take issue with someone praising Android/wishing for certain specific improvements with iPhones and/or preferring an Android device to an Apple one?”

Simple yes/no question.

Don’t have issues with no one praising android but it have to be a phone that makes sense

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Don’t have issues with no one praising android but it have to be a phone that makes sense

Most Android phones make sense (bar the 21:9/folding ones...Sony/LG phones are pretty crap if you ask me compared to the competition)

Please be more specific as to what you’re referring to

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Most Android phones make sense (bar the 21:9/folding ones...Sony/LG phones are pretty crap if you ask me compared to the competition)

Please be more specific as to what you’re referring to

I don’t have the time for the typing but if you are from the USA you will understand

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I don’t have the time for the typing but if you are from the USA you will understand

I’m guessing you’re referring to the different carrier bands? (If not then make the time for the typing).

That issue is puzzling (mainly because we don’t have that problem in Europe).

Choice of phones in the US doesn’t seem as good as in Europe. Not only do a large amount of phones never get released in the US (bar Apple/Samsung) a lot aren’t even compatible with carrier bands for some reason.

The US really needs to fix its carrier band compatibility problem if you ask me

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I mean the processor is pretty rubbish for anything like intensive multitasking and gaming, but for a casual user it should be ok.

It shouldn’t slow down though.

The primary use for the phones ( A20) is & will be phone calls, SMS, WhatsApp text, audio and limited video calling, ( Internet where they live can be too slow to support a lot of video calling,) and YouTube. Virtually no gaming or processor intensive activities. The market here as competition at that price range is mostly BLU which simply don't seems to last under even light use / demands. I use a Galaxy J2 Prime as a travelling phone on a 'local' pay -as -you -go account & it's been fine for two years. We also gave a sister in law a J5Galaxy which is still kicking ( three years) The A line Samsung is something new so we shall see - we will visit these folks over Christmas and can see how all is holding up.

Last edited:

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The primary use for the phones ( A20) is & will be phone calls, SMS, WhatsApp text, audio and limited video calling, ( Internet where they live can be too slow to support a lot of video calling,) and YouTube. Virtually no gaming or processor intensive activities. The market here as competition at that price range is mostly BLU which simply don't seems to last under even light use / demands. I use a Galaxy J2 Prime as a travelling phone on a 'local' pay -as -you -go account & it's been fine for two years. We also gave a sister in law a J5Galaxy which is still kicking ( three years) The A line Samsung is something new so we shall see - we will visit these folks over Christmas and can see how all is holding up.

Ok...that makes sense. If you’ve had a good experience with the J2 Prime/J5 then the A20s should perform decently and live up to expectations...certainly an improvement in performance. Good luck...hope you guys enjoy the new phones! :)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok...that makes sense. If you’ve had a good experience with the J2 Prime/J5 then the A20s should perform decently and live up to expectations...certainly an improvement in performance. Good luck...hope you guys enjoy the new phones! :)

They are gifts , to friends who were a great help to us on a project. What we hope to enjoy is sharing and better communication over the miles. We will hopefully visit their country over Christmas and will see how all has held together. But Apple, though superior in so many ways, is simply out of reach for many people and I'm hoping that viable alternatives exist 'here and now' & I was pleasantly surprised ( so far)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
What has to always be understood & remembered is that there is a lot of spectrum available between 'Mercedes/BMW' & 'The city bus'. Both ends will eventually get one where the need to go. And in the device world the 'middle market' getting stronger does not indicate that the higher end is weak by any means. In the same vane, whilst bigger, developed countries have been accustomed to robust telephone ( & Internet) infrastructure - landline AND cellular- it's far from that in developing countries. Cell calling and data are the lifeline of the '3rd World' and will remain so as landline connections may even have 'had their day' in developed cultures. Thus one makes the best of what's available and when family are geographically 'spread out' one must work to the less developed systems, not the most developed. Put this another way, although where I am, ( larger Caribbean island ) LandLine -1 carrier- and Cellular -2 carriers, is far more 'evolved' than where close family and friends live () and all of the development from newly found oil resources there won't change a lot for locals in our lifetime. So we deal with what IS, not what we 'wish for'...

Last edited:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I feel the same way. Even tho I love using iPhone, I can’t get the newest and greatest one. It’s just out of my price range. But I have the iPhone X and no complaints about it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup