Apple insurance program

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Now that I got my i4, I was looking into getting the insurance program through apple. My question is, do you guys think it is worth getting the insurance coverage on the phone or not? Pro's/Con's?

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
i think OP is referring to apple care, you can get that for the iphone

i wouldn't bother though, since it doesn't cover anything like accidentally dropping it and the glass cracking..or if it gets stolen..

better to go with the options the poster above me listed.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There's another really good thread here somewhere where people have suggested several alternatives to Apple Care. Personally, I always go with Square Trade.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you do go with Apple Care, don't go through Apple. You can actually buy it cheaper through Amazon. About half the price cheaper. Plus, with Apple Care, you don't have to buy it until just before the original warranty is up, which is 1 year from the date of purchase.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
All the apple products I bought were bought with AppleCare. It saved me a couple of times. I don't mind paying extra for it. But stkywik is right, you can get it through Amazon cheaper.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was referring to Apple Care. I never thought about state farm or a 3rd party company. I'll look into that now, thanks guys.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The extended warranty for the iPhone is $69 and covers the phone for 2 full years for any and all defects including the battery, USB cable, headphones and AC adapter. As previously stated, it does not cover lost, theft, drops, physical damage and/or water damage. For the most part the only thing you gain during the first year of ownership to it will extend telephone support from 90 days that everyone get to 2 years. What you're really paying for is defect coverage during the second year.

For me it's not worth it simply because I can just as easily go to an apple store than call apple support on the phone. Also, I don't own a phone for more than a year. If by some chance I change my mind and want to keep the phone longer than a year, you have up until the first year is up to add the coverage if you wish.

FYI, a non-warranty battery replacement is around $200 so keep that in mind if you do own it longer than one year.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard of apple providing insurance for its phones, but I have used asurion for my mobile and broken it three times in one year to have it replaced each time for only $50. Not bad if you ask me. Third party insurers are the way to go. Apple insurance is sure to be overpriced.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So if I go StateFarm..I just call up State Farm and tell them I want to insure my device? And if it stolen or what not, they will cover it?

foxhunter

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
AT&T does offer insurance for the iPhone now. It's just pretty expensive.

Hmmm - I wonder if that is regional? AT&T guy here (SC) told me yesterday that they don't offer insurance on the iPs. (But he did tell me about the Apple Care warranty extension.) The folks at Best Buy offer something thru their tech dept but it's 15 or 16 bux a month!

I was planning to buy the Apple Care - as much for tech support as anything else - since I'm an admitted smartphone newbie and this will be the first Apple anything I've ever owned! But ya'll have given some good options to consider...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53