Anyone use google fi

anon(9918034)

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
Wondering if anyone uses google fi with their iPhone. How well does it work, are there any major draw backs.

I understand that on fi the iPhone won’t switch automatically between the 3 carriers. I currently have sprint and I can’t stand sprint but it’s cheaper than the others.

I don’t want to switch to fi and then be still using only sprints network haha. I am am using fi on the pixel 3a and so far it’s really good and I have yet to experience any issues.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’ve tried it twice. When it first came out and again recently.
Coverage in my area is poor, especially at work. I went back to Cricket (AT&T)

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I retired my Moto E4 and picked up a pixel 3a XL as my secondary phone, I’m curious about Google fi also and would like to hear more about the topic. It looked like the Data was expensive to me on fi, I’m using the pixel on Verizon prepay now.

Op, do you use the Pixel, sim free with Fi?

anon(9918034)

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
I retired my Moto E4 and picked up a pixel 3a XL as my secondary phone, I’m curious about Google fi also and would like to hear more about the topic. It looked like the Data was expensive to me on fi, I’m using the pixel on Verizon prepay now.

Op, do you use the Pixel, sim free with Fi?

I set up it using the built in esim. From what I understand that is the best way to get the most out of the service. For one line the most you will pay is 80 bucks. There is a built in vpn for the pixel device so you can opt to piggy back off of public WiFi and have a secure connection. When I am around wifi I just turn off mobile data.

dflachbart

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Wondering if anyone uses google fi with their iPhone. How well does it work, are there any major draw backs.

Have been using it since December (I signed up on release day and got the $200 credit :)). It works great, no complaints! I'm usually using only little data (around 1GB) so my bill is around 30 bucks most of the time. Just recently they added visual voicemail support for the iPhone which is great, hopefully they'll add other stuff in the future. Only major drawback for me was that I had to give up my Google Voice number (actually didn't abandon it but moved it over to another Gmail account), would have been nice to continue to use this with my Fi number. Oh well.

I guess it depends on how good your coverage for T-Mobile is, as this is the carrier used for phones that are not 'designed' for Google Fi.

Dirk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB