Anyone getting the 15 when it's released?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely getting a 15 Pro. My only decision is color and that's a tough call because I like all the colors except white. Every iPhone I've had has been black/space grey so maybe it's time for a change. Blue to match my car or natural titanium to match my Ultra?????

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I usually do a new phone every 2 years, and currently on a 13 Pro. Told myself I wasn't going to upgrade till they went to USB C, which is seems they have though it's not clear if it's USB 2.0 vs 3.0 speeds even though it's a USB C connector? Also since 2020 I've been working from home and hardly ever really use my phone anymore opting more for my iPad Air that's a few years old now (1st gen that had the newer squared off design) so been thinking about upgrading that instead to a Pro, but of course there's no new iPads yet :(

edit: Looking to do iPad Pro because I really want FaceID. The fingerprint sensor never works for me ever. Set, and within a couple days it just won't work. Had the same issue a lot on the phones when they had them

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone 15 line has a USB 2.0 port (using the USB type C connector), while the iPhone 15 Pro uses USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 (yes, the naming is poor).
Thanks for the info. I keep trying to get out of the Pro line when they add enough features like Camera and OLED to the non Pro phones but it never seems to work out because there's always something like in this case the USB speed supported. LOL I mean the 13 Pro supported that new ProRes video file format but to transfer it over USB 2.0 would be ridiculous so I've never bothered to use it.

Reactions: EdwinG

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Going Pro Max blue titanium through Apple. They’ll give me $250, T-Mobile on my plan will give me $800 in bill credits and my monthly payment will be ~$16/month.

This link is helpful for figuring out what you’ll get with Apple and carrier promos

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I’m sticking with my 14 pro max for another year. I’d love to keep it for two more years but I’m not sure how realistic that is.

Reactions: Annie_M

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Blue titanium
551e355b37675ae8f9c2f94efb651010.png

Natural titanium
aee5c38b7e1e77b71777444df091db42.png

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I want to see the Blue Titanium first before I decide on it. This is because I currently have a 12 Pro in Pacific Blue, and they seem awfully similar. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes a change is nice! :D

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This video did a good job of showing them off for me. I like the blue, it's almost like a navy shade.
But then the black and the natural are also really good looking.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I really like the blue but the black one and the natural both look really good too. I think I'm going to stick with blue though. I'm sure I'll flip flop a few times before Friday :ROFLMAO:

I wasn’t planning to upgrade, but 3nm a17 pro with ray tracing support, second gen ultra wideband u1 chip, slimmer bezels, action button, wifi 6e, titanium frame and spatial video is making me reconsider.

I have a black iPhone 14 pro max 1tb and it looks like the pvd finish on the black iPhone 15 pro is a shade lighter.

Additionally the fact that it will be the only phone with 3nm for the next year or two is too enticing to overlook.

Not to mention the blue and natural titanium .

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Right now I have preorder set for a pro max in the natural titanium. Very undecided between that and the white. I had a white XS and I loved it. I wanted a more silver color to go with my silver watch.

Reactions: Annie_M

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Think I'm deciding to upgrade my 13 Pro after all and then next year if/when new iPad Pro's come out to upgrade my then 4 year old iPad Air instead of a new Watch. I don't really think I'm gonna need to upgrade my Ultra from last year on a two year cycle anymore. The consolidation to USB C and also getting a 15 Pro with the faster USB speeds is also going to be nice for transferring video and stuff.

So for the 15, definitely would get the natural titanium. It will match the Watch Ultra nicely. My only debate with myself is Max vs the smaller 6.1. I think the 6.1 is the perfect size in my hand, but aging eyes and the enhanced camera functionality is tempting me to go with the "big boy" again and get a Max.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Think I'm deciding to upgrade my 13 Pro after all and then next year if/when new iPad Pro's come out to upgrade my then 4 year old iPad Air instead of a new Watch. I don't really think I'm gonna need to upgrade my Ultra from last year on a two year cycle anymore. The consolidation to USB C and also getting a 15 Pro with the faster USB speeds is also going to be nice for transferring video and stuff.

So for the 15, definitely would get the natural titanium. It will match the Watch Ultra nicely. My only debate with myself is Max vs the smaller 6.1. I think the 6.1 is the perfect size in my hand, but aging eyes and the enhanced camera functionality is tempting me to go with the "big boy" again and get a Max.

I believe the 15 pro max should be around the same eight as the 13 pro.

No harm in trying the larger display and the larger battery

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I believe the 15 pro max should be around the same eight as the 13 pro.

No harm in trying the larger display and the larger battery
I think you're right the size will be ok. Mostly for me it was the extra width on the Max/Plus phones that always had me going back and forth. Before the 13 Pro I had an 11 Pro Max and thought it was too big, but had a standard 11 for work and thought it was a good size. The 13 surprised me being narrower but same screen size. I just looked at the comparison tool on phone arena and realized the 11 is the same width as the 15 Pro Max and then it's about 1/2 an inch taller than my 13 Pro

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think you're right the size will be ok. Mostly for me it was the extra width on the Max/Plus phones that always had me going back and forth. Before the 13 Pro I had an 11 Pro Max and thought it was too big, but had a standard 11 for work and thought it was a good size. The 13 surprised me being narrower but same screen size. I just looked at the comparison tool on phone arena and realized the 11 is the same width as the 15 Pro Max and then it's about 1/2 an inch taller than my 13 Pro

You are right, I didn’t realize apple shrank the 15 pro max by about a millimeter in width and height. Must have missed that during the keynote.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am torn between a refurbished 13 pro from apple or the 15 pro max I will make my decision on Friday.

Play it safe and get the 13, depending on demand and if you change your mind you might be able to get a 15 pro max by November or December.

Personally I’m trying to decide between the natural titanium and the blue titanium.

Reactions: SultanJazz

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99