Anyone else have your iPhone5 stolen before it got to you (pre-orders)?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, as some of you may know, my iPhone5 was stolen (somehow) before it got me on 9/21. My box came and the only thing inside were the Verizon pamphlets and insurance info, start up guide etc. No iPhone at all... not even the iPhone box.
(More info here: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-forum/240858-big-problem-verizon.html)

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else here... or in the past (maybe with a 4S). How did Verizon/FedEx/Apple deal with your situation? Was it done in a timely matter?

I hope all is worked out soon. Verizon has been very helpful so far, and I should be receiving another call tomorrow.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Good thing with Verizon is they can block the IMEI for their network. However since iPhone 5 is unlocked anyone can insert another carriers sim and utilize the other network.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well, as some of you may know, my iPhone5 was stolen (somehow) before it got me on 9/21. My box came and the only thing inside were the Verizon pamphlets and insurance info, start up guide etc. No iPhone at all... not even the iPhone box.
(More info here: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-forum/240858-big-problem-verizon.html)

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else here... or in the past (maybe with a 4S). How did Verizon/FedEx/Apple deal with your situation? Was it done in a timely matter?

I hope all is worked out soon. Verizon has been very helpful so far, and I should be receiving another call tomorrow.

Doesn't sound like they were very helpful so far.. You have your phone yet?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
No phone yet. But I understand why they need to 'investigate' I just hope that I get the phone this coming week. If I don't, I'll probably go through Apple directly and get one (I'm sure they will be getting more stock in than Verizon will... and sooner at that).

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard of that happening to anyone else (yet). But that's really sh*tty. I really hope they figure everything out and get your phone to you ASAP. Sorry that happened to you, bro.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine arrived on Tuesday from Verizon Wireless, a day early no less and no charge for overnight shipping to boot. Fortunately for me it was perfect, ok a very, very minor nick or on one edge of the side but nothing that would have caused a return.