Anybody have the Ring doorbell?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
As of last night mine has stopped giving me notifications for motion and rings. I’ve checked everything they said to check and it all seems to be OK. I signed out of the ring app and then back in - no change. I also turned my phone off and on again. It seems like the doorbell itself is working fine but the notifications don’t make it to the phone! If Anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to XS Max yesterday and my Ring door bell is all working correctly without me even trying.

I’d suggest deleting the door bell in the app and go through the reconnection process as I did have connectivity issues occasionally with my old X but this was more down to WiFi connectivity.

On another note, anyone with a ring door bell if you have poor WiFi signal from it, call ring and they will send out a chime pro to create its own network. Got mine for free. Worth speaking to them as they are really helpful in resolving issues.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The doorbell tends to be flaky sometimes, but mine's working ok now. Usually when I have issues, I reset the whole thing and just add it back. That seems to work :)

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Well I guess it healed itself! It just started working today. I have no idea what was wrong because I checked every possible thing it could be.

torbach1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t had issues with the doorbell. But when my Ring spotlight cam stopped working, I called their support line. After some troubleshooting, they concluded it was broken and sent me a replacement with overnight shipping. They have great support.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the things with Ring is they're not always 100% reliable, much like any electronic device. Sometimes resetting does the trick.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
One of the things with Ring is they're not always 100% reliable, much like any electronic device. Sometimes resetting does the trick.

This. I have 2 Nest Cams + Nest Doorbell. They work 99% of the time but if Nest has a big server issue or something then it will mess with them. With any tech a hiccup or two can happen unfortunately. I assume that is what happened to the OP since it fixed itself the next day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yawmelo09