And now for something completely different?

thedocmartin

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi there:

I work for an Oxford UK research organisation building an AI to help people find and fix problems with mobile phones or tablets. I don't want to violate your rules on self promotion so I've posted here (off the main topics) and have not included names or links. But I would be very interested in discussing our AI with admins or moderators?

The AI is chat-based and guides users through self-paced diagnosis of common mobile device problems, like being unable to connect to WiFi. Each chat step is illustrated by links to how-to articles, like how to check if flight mode is enabled. These links could point to forum how-to articles or Apple support or anywhere (I couldn't find your policy on off-site links). So synergies with forum sites like iMore are that it could potentially help forum users resolve problems, it's fun and a bit different to try out, and (my personal favourite) forum contributors could help educate the AI by applying it to real-world problems and helping us fill in the blanks.

I promise this is more of a question than a pitch. I'm just looking for ways to engage real users with our experimental AI :)

Best regards,

Martin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77