Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Vs Apple Photos

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
We enjoy taking pictures. Usually on a week long vacation we will snap around 100 per day or more. It's gotten worse since we have had our first child 9 months ago.

I wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with Adobe Photoshop Elements 14? How does it compare to Apple Photos? Is it better or worse in terms of managing a large library of photos?

I know that Elements 14 probably has much more in terms of post processing but we don't do too much of that. Just some stitching or basic changes.

I'm mainly concerned with managing the library. I'm not loving Photos after I dumped my 15 years of photo files into the program.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
We enjoy taking pictures. Usually on a week long vacation we will snap around 100 per day or more. It's gotten worse since we have had our first child 9 months ago.

I wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with Adobe Photoshop Elements 14? How does it compare to Apple Photos? Is it better or worse in terms of managing a large library of photos?

I know that Elements 14 probably has much more in terms of post processing but we don't do too much of that. Just some stitching or basic changes.

I'm mainly concerned with managing the library. I'm not loving Photos after I dumped my 15 years of photo files into the program.

PSE 14 is not a bad choice but for what you are planning on using it for, but I think Lightroom 6 will be a better choice. Lightroom will do what you need and is slightly more basic. PSE 14 is for the intermediate photographer who wants to do more than basic changes. Lightroom 6 is about speed and styling of photos. It is very easy to import, categorize, and tag your photos so they stay organized. PSE 14 is for the deep editing.

I have never used Photos myself. I have my own tagging and editing system that works for me. But have a look at Lightroom 6 and compare it to PSE 14. I think you will find Lightroom 6 will work for you.

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is Lightroom available in the app store, or is it only available through the adobe creative cloud subscription, also you may want to try gimp for Mac, it takes some getting used to but it is a powerful program.

TMav

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I just finished the trial of Adobe Lightroom CC and decided I like Mac Photos better for me. If I was a professional photographer I'm sure I would need Lightroom. Lightroom hits the CPU/graphics hard and is slow if all you need is a way to organize your photos. Photos is much quicker. If you do any photo merge like HDR or panoramas Lightroom does this easily and well. Photos does not do this at all. Also, Lightroom allows you to keep your photos wherever you want such as separate hard drives or folder locations. Mac Photos kind of lets you do this by creating new libraries. However, there are some serious limitations currently with this approach. Only one library can be open at a time. And there is no way to copy albums with edits and metadata between libraries. I would say that's Photos biggest weakness.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB