9.3.1 - Some Apps Slow To Open?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone else had issues with some apps freezing for a bit when you open them after updating to 9.3.1? So far I've had issues with Fantastical 2, Day One (classic), and Drafts 4 displaying an unresponsive initial view for 5-10 seconds after tapping their icons. Doesn't seem to happen with any of Apple's apps or other apps I use often (Facebook, Tweetbot, Miitomo, Downcast, etc). If it was just one app I'd think it was a more specific problem but since it effects multiple apps maybe it's a change Apple made that the apps have an issue with?

I'm using a 6S+ (VZW) and the apps in question worked perfectly fine prior to updating to 9.3.1.

Thanks in advance!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed any apps that's slow to open on my 6s Plus running iOS 9.3.1.
Have you tried a reboot? Hold the home button and power button down until the  screen appears then release and the iPhone continue the process. See if that helps.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone else had issues with some apps freezing for a bit when you open them after updating to 9.3.1? So far I've had issues with Fantastical 2, Day One (classic), and Drafts 4 displaying an unresponsive initial view for 5-10 seconds after tapping their icons. Doesn't seem to happen with any of Apple's apps or other apps I use often (Facebook, Tweetbot, Miitomo, Downcast, etc). If it was just one app I'd think it was a more specific problem but since it effects multiple apps maybe it's a change Apple made that the apps have an issue with?

I'm using a 6S+ (VZW) and the apps in question worked perfectly fine prior to updating to 9.3.1.

Thanks in advance!

Uninstall and reinstall those apps.

Sometimes when you install an OS update system files can become corrupt. If apps that normally ran fine suddenly act wonky then do an encrypted backup using iTunes, factory reset, and restore from backup. That should take care of any corrupt OS system files.

Any time there is an OS update I will generally do a factory reset just so I have clean iOS system files. I seldom, if ever, have any issues with 3rd party apps when I do that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall and reinstall those apps.

Sometimes when you install an OS update system files can become corrupt. If apps that normally ran fine suddenly act wonky then do an encrypted backup using iTunes, factory reset, and restore from backup. That should take care of any corrupt OS system files.

Any time there is an OS update I will generally do a factory reset just so I have clean iOS system files. I seldom, if ever, have any issues with 3rd party apps when I do that.

Why does it need to be "encrypted"?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When the backup is encrypted it backs up your health data, wifi settings, saved passwords and website history. A regular backup does not include those features.

The iCloud back up always has for me. I don't do encryption.
OK, wait! iCloud automatically encrypts back ups.

Last edited: