6S+ not picking up WiFi

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Lately my phone has had trouble picking up WiFi networks. It seems to hang, asks for a password, I put it in, and sometimes it works, other times no.

My battery needs to be replaced as well, could this be factoring in?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s possible that the battery is causing the issue, but I can’t say with any certainty. With that being said, try resetting the network settings. Afterwards, you will have to re-associate your device with your Wi-Fi network. Hopefully, that’ll fix the problem for you. In addition, do you have a case on your iPhone? If so, does it still have difficulty connecting when the case is off?

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It’s possible that the battery is causing the issue, but I can’t say with any certainty. With that being said, try resetting the network settings. Afterwards, you will have to re-associate your device with your Wi-Fi network. Hopefully, that’ll fix the problem for you. In addition, do you have a case on your iPhone? If so, does it still have difficulty connecting when the case is off?

I do! Speck Candyshell Grip. Just took it off please hold the line while our operators help another customer as I try the interwebz....

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I do! Speck Candyshell Grip. Just took it off please hold the line while our operators help another customer as I try the interwebz....

Can’t imagine that would be the issue..I’ve got Apple leather case and LifeProof case. I’ve never had a WiFi issue with my 6s+... just got the battery replaced today too! 100% capacity now! Hope resetting network settings fixed it.. Are u still under warranty?. If so take it to Apple store..

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately no. Reset the router at home. Seems to have helped a bit.

Resetting network settings didn’t help prior to unplugging the router.

Apple Store is next stop. Camera is shaking up and down or is really fuzzy too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately no. Reset the router at home. Seems to have helped a bit.

Resetting network settings didn’t help prior to unplugging the router.

Apple Store is next stop. Camera is shaking up and down or is really fuzzy too.

I have to reboot my modem once a week. If I don't, I have wifi connectivity issues. The bars show in the status bar, but it does poorly. I can go to settings, and toggle wifi off, then back on, and that helps for a while. I just got a new modem, so we'll see. Do you have the same problem everywhere, or just at home? How old is your router? Routers and modems do wear out over time.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It happened at work today too. Looks like it’s a pretty widely experienced ios 11 issue based on the Apple.com support forums I read.