JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone picked up a 5S dock?

Do you have the new apple leather case on your phone and use your dock with it?

I like the idea of having one on my desk but I don't want to remove my sexy leather case :(

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the dock cannot be used with the Apple leather case. That's unfortunate, because the case is very difficult to remove from the phone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
All past Apple docks, example for the iPhone 4s are made to be used with out a case...

There are some 3rd party docks that may accept cases, but not a OEM Apple Dock.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Good thread. Just got my 5S dock delivered today.

I ordered it at the same time as the 5S last Friday morning thinking I might use it. Now I realize this May have been an "on the whim" purchase.

I had good success and use with old Windows Mobile phones that had slider holster type cases where it was literally a snap to take the case on and off.

The box is small, likely not much bigger than the dock. Size in this case is probably not a concern, but rather compatibility with Case + 5S. Since I haven't decided on a case yet, was thinking that the Apple case might be compatible. But now that does not appear to be the case.

Reviews at the Apple Store appear to validate that the 5S dock is a phone only deal. Customer Reviews: iPhone 5s Dock - Apple Store (U.S.)

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The dock will only work with a naked phone. It annoys me since I put a ghost armor on the back. That adds very minimal thickness and I have to be careful when putting the phone on the dock. I would go with this dock. Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with 8-Pin Lightning Cable Connector for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Generation (Silver)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AYNRLF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2090842

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23