3.0 MMS and Tethering enabled...one small problem

Greg_Hager

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a 16Gb iPhone 3G with 3.0 and the carrier hack. Tethering works, and I can receive MMS but cannot send it. (Family messaging plan) My VVM still works, and the phone works fine...but no dice on the sending MMS. Any ideas?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
No dice for MMS for me either.:( Tethering is great! I guess I will just have to wait until AT&T gets off their "duff"!

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
u have to make sure u take the sim out pop it in a diff phone register it on medianet then send a couple mms's and then pop it back into the iphone at that point u should be able to send and recieve mms as long as u are not on a iphone messageing plan and have mms opt out taken off your account i did that with my 3gs and i am sending and recieveing mms no problem

Greg_Hager

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I took the SIM out, placed it in the Shine, and I can send and receive MMS messages. I've tested it, I've even placed a different SIM in the iPhone (the one out of the Shine) and it receives MMS no problem. Put them back where they're supposed to be...notta. Still receive but no send. I tried again today, same problem. If the Opt Out is in place, would I be able to receive the MMS messages?

And I'm NOT on an iPhone texting plan as someone said, it's a family messaging plan.

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
u may still have the mms opt out option unless u know someone who can log into ur account using an at&t computer to remove it u will not be able to get rid of that feature. there shouldnt be any extra cost on ur next bill i have had mms working for 3 months and i havent seen any bump in my bill

Greg_Hager

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Well, I haven't did anything to the phone, but last night for the fun of it I tried to send a MMS message to a buddy of mine not thinking, and it worked! So I dunno if it just had to re-sync with the network or what, but she's running good now!!

RZ500

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I think is a problem from AT & T I?m in Mexico and the first day it was the same, but next day Telcel send an actualization or something from ITunes and they worked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53