$200 Visa Debit Card

caribouranch

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed this in the FAQ on Verizon's webpage for the iPhone 4:

Q: I just purchased a new smartphone during the holiday season, but if I knew that iPhone 4 was going to be available soon I would have waited. What are my options now?

A: Current Verizon customers who purchased and activated new smartphones, feature phones or certified pre-owned phones between 11/26/2010, and 01/10/2011, are eligible to receive up to a $200 Visa debit card when they purchase an iPhone 4 at full retail price by 02/28/2011 and return their existing phone. Note: This offer is only available on consumer accounts with five lines or less, who are purchasing iPhone 4 through Verizon Wireless retail stores, telesales, or through verizonwireless.com

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat after just buying a Droid X, But my thinking is that I can get more than $200 selling my new X than returning it and getting that credit towards the iPhone 4. I'm guessing they are not going to refund the money spent on buying the Droid X.

caribouranch

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just looked at my receipt for the Certified Pre-Owned phone that I just bought, and well I bought it on the 10th, but didn't activate it until it was shipped to me, which was on the 12th. So I'm thinking maybe I won't get one. :confused: Unless they count the date that I bought it ... I bought a Samsung Intensity II for $130, so I would gladly take a $200 Visa Debit card. lol

DawnGP143

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed this in the FAQ on Verizon's webpage for the iPhone 4:

Q: I just purchased a new smartphone during the holiday season, but if I knew that iPhone 4 was going to be available soon I would have waited. What are my options now?

A: Current Verizon customers who purchased and activated new smartphones, feature phones or certified pre-owned phones between 11/26/2010, and 01/10/2011, are eligible to receive up to a $200 Visa debit card when they purchase an iPhone 4 at full retail price by 02/28/2011 and return their existing phone. Note: This offer is only available on consumer accounts with five lines or less, who are purchasing iPhone 4 through Verizon Wireless retail stores, telesales, or through verizonwireless.com

Well, see that doesn't make any sense to me. On 11/26, I bought a Samsung Fascinate. I paid $299, but received a $100 Visa debit card, which brings the final price to $199, on an upgrade.

If I want to instead upgrade to the iPhone 4, I have to pay an ADDITIONAL $599 (or 649, depending what you read), but I will get back $200 on a debit card, bringing THAT price down to roughly $400. And I can't even SELL the Fascinate because I have to turn that in???? So I will have paid $600 for an upgrade when all is said and done????? Is anyone else's math coming out the same way???? That makes no sense.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just looked at my receipt for the Certified Pre-Owned phone that I just bought, and well I bought it on the 10th, but didn't activate it until it was shipped to me, which was on the 12th. So I'm thinking maybe I won't get one. :confused: Unless they count the date that I bought it ... I bought a Samsung Intensity II for $130, so I would gladly take a $200 Visa Debit card. lol

It says up to $200 dollars so im sure they will be on a phone by phone basis i think its the trade in program that they have so I wouldnt get your hopes up about getting the $200.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat after just buying a Droid X, But my thinking is that I can get more than $200 selling my new X than returning it and getting that credit towards the iPhone 4. I'm guessing they are not going to refund the money spent on buying the Droid X.

Sounds like a good plan, and maybe you can come out on top with a little extra cash.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan, and maybe you can come out on top with a little extra cash.

here is how I read it.

If you upgraded recently, too bad.

Really, it is foolish. They are basically giving you back what you paid for your phone, but making you pay full retail for the iphone.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
here is how I read it.

Really, it is foolish. They are basically giving you back what you paid for your phone, but making you pay full retail for the iphone.

Ha good old verizon lol. You can sell the phone you got and just pay full retail and in the end have to pay less than if you do it through verizon

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I will stick with my plan of selling my 2 new Droid X's and should be able to pay for one 32gb iPhone.

ogoonie

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Just sold my Droid X on Craigslist for $400.Im just planning on paying full retail. I'm usually an early adopter so I am used to these kinds of things. Really, VZW doesn't have to do anything. I mean the original Droids life cycle didn't even last a year before the Droid 2 or the 10 other Droids that came out. Just sell your current phone you can get a good chunk before it comes out, hopefully you have a spare...

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my Droid X on Craigslist for $400.Im just planning on paying full retail. I'm usually an early adopter so I am used to these kinds of things. Really, VZW doesn't have to do anything. I mean the original Droids life cycle didn't even last a year before the Droid 2 or the 10 other Droids that came out. Just sell your current phone you can get a good chunk before it comes out, hopefully you have a spare...

I will have to wait till after I get my iPhone to sell mine. I would like to sell it before but dont have an extra phone right now. I know that after they will drop a little in price. I can only imagine how many Droid's and Blackberry's are going to be on ebay and other markets in a month or so.

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
here is how I read it.

How can you blame Verizon for this? Its not their fault you decided to upgrade and you should be lucky they're doing any promotional deal at all. They sure don't do it for any other phone and At&t defiantly didn't do it.