13inch or 15inch Macbook pro?

I

iMore Question

Hello,
I'm planning on getting a MacBook Pro to do some design work on the go. I have a 27inch iMac 4k Retina display at home, so that is my main computer. I travel for around 5 hours a day and just wanted a MacBook on the go.

Im undecided whether to go for the 13inch or the 15inch as there is a big difference in price and also, wanted to know if its worth upgrading to the Touch Bar version?

I'm undecided. Could anyone give me some tips.?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I'm planning on getting a MacBook Pro to do some design work on the go. I have a 27inch iMac 4k Retina display at home, so that is my main computer. I travel for around 5 hours a day and just wanted a MacBook on the go.

Im undecided whether to go for the 13inch or the 15inch as there is a big difference in price and also, wanted to know if its worth upgrading to the Touch Bar version?

Go to a retailer and handle them. Think about what you want to carry.

For reference I have a 27 Retina iMac too, a 15 inch MacBook Pro, and the 12" little MacBook. The 15 inch would gather dust if I was the only one using it but my wife and kids like it. The little MacBook and the 27 inch Retina gets most of the use.

Think about the resources you need. You can run Activity Monitor to see how your programs use memory, CPU and storage. I've found the little 12" is plenty fine for that I do when I'm mobile including run a single core Windows 10 VM.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

If portability is important to you then definitely go with the 13” model. Besides, you can always connect the MBP to an external monitor or TV.