Can a AT&T iPhone 5s be unlocked and used on verizon?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
NO.

We've discussed it plenty before. Because of Legacy CDMA network support - Verizon wireless WILL NOT activate any CDMA device that was not specifically OEMed for Verizon.

The Verizon version of the iPhone5S can indeed be used on AT&T - but that is because the GSM & LTE parts of the device are not locked at manufacture...

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
We'll he told me he did and it was local he can't have AT&T service anymore so he can only have verizon. Whatever just saying... Thanks for your time...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We'll he told me he did and it was local he can't have AT&T service anymore so he can only have verizon. Whatever just saying... Thanks for your time...

Do this - Call your nearest Verizon Wireless store or their Customer Service Department (800-922-0204) and ask them to verify what is being told to you here or what your friend told you and then update us with your findings., please.

Mifzal Mufthi

Banned
Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
You can unlock AT&T without any problem. But the problem is that the GSM/CDMA issue. AT&T runs on GSM and Verizon runs on CDMA. 2 different platforms.

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
No. I used to have service with Verizon up until Monday. I was still under contract with Verizon, but I came across a rude rep and bad customer service. I switched and AT&T is currently letting me use my phone on their service.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's really unlike Verizon's customer service reps. I've had Verizon service for over 10 years, and not once in over 100 calls have I had a rude rep. Not once. They are always very nice and helpful. If they can't find me a solution, they put me through to Apple Support.

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
In my city, we only have one Verizon & most of the times I've been in there, reps have walked right past me, checked in other customers that came in after me, amongst other things. One major situation with them pushed me over the edge with them so that's why I don't have service with them anymore.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Verizon phones are compatible on CDMA and GSM bands. AT&T phones are compatible with the GSM bands ONLY. You CAN use a Verizon phone on AT&T, but you CAN'T use an AT&T phone on Verizon. People on this forum know what they're talking about. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2