Where do you see the worst signal?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I figure this would be a fun-ish question. I've noticed in my time flying for work that the area I get the worst signal in is airports. LAX and SLC are the worst by far, although MCI is close. Really, I just get poor signal at any airport I've ever been to. This made me want to ask you all, where do you see the worst signal?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great question, sir, but I'm going to have to give it some thought. Hopefully, other members will provide some feedback in the meantime...:)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Let me preface this by saying I LOVE T-Mobile glad I switched! AND Verizon was ALMOST as bad in the place I am about to mention (actually Verizon was WORSE), BUT center city, Philadelphia is BAD! On the plus side not as bad as it once was, BUT it's bad! At BEST I get 2 or 3 M down but often it's under 1!

DAMN, banner day, getting like 10M down today! T-Mobile DOES work on it as they say!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let me preface this by saying I LOVE T-Mobile glad I switched! AND Verizon was ALMOST as bad in the place I am about to mention (actually Verizon was WORSE), BUT center city, Philadelphia is BAD! On the plus side not as bad as it once was, BUT it's bad! At BEST I get 2 or 3 M down but often it's under 1!

DAMN, banner day, getting like 10M down today! T-Mobile DOES work on it as they say!

I've tested my down speeds on Verizon at home where my cellular signal is 1 dot in the status bar vs at other locations where my signal is 4 or 5 dots. The down speeds don't really change. Was your internet server location the same with Verizon and T-mobile?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My worst signal is in my house vs anywhere else in town. Only 1 dot in the status bar in the house. It improves if I walk outside in my yard.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There is one Kroger (supermarket) that I visit on a regular basis that is terrible. I lose signal in the back of the store, and can't even receive texts. This seems to be a problem only is this location, because I've not had any issues in other Kroger locations. I've also noticed some issues in hospitals and hotels! Of course, I turn my phone off in certain areas of hospitals where cell phone use is prohibited.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've tested my down speeds on Verizon at home where my cellular signal is 1 dot in the status bar vs at other locations where my signal is 4 or 5 dots. The down speeds don't really change. Was your internet server location the same with Verizon and T-mobile?

That is a good question, and I don't recall. :( It's been a couple years since I made the change AND T-Mobile has improved VERY much since I have been with them. Center city, Philly was pretty much a dead zone for all the carriers (saturation being the issue I'm sure) BUT it's getting MUCH better in the last couple weeks on T-Mobile!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I figure this would be a fun-ish question. I've noticed in my time flying for work that the area I get the worst signal in is airports. LAX and SLC are the worst by far, although MCI is close. Really, I just get poor signal at any airport I've ever been to. This made me want to ask you all, where do you see the worst signal?

Really? I get great service in LAX & MCI. TEB & EWR are pretty terrible for me but I also hate both of those airports so whatever LOL. My worst service has been between Lubbock, TX, Clovis & Truth or Consequences, NM. Hopefully service has gotten better.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Surprisingly I'm finding that I lose signal on a large highway between large cities, but then I discover that "out in the boonies" I have full LTE signal.

Makes no sense.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Really? I get great service in LAX & MCI. TEB & EWR are pretty terrible for me but I also hate both of those airports so whatever LOL. My worst service has been between Lubbock, TX, Clovis & Truth or Consequences, NM. Hopefully service has gotten better.

Oh my yes, less than 1 Mbps download at LAX.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There's two dead spots with no signal. One is on i295 and the other is in my city center. When I'm on a call it drops and when I'm not on a call it shows no signal in the same two spots

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2