NFL Discussion thread

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised because I really thought this report would come around Memorial Day weekend since the NFL is good at tucking stories during times like that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Slap on the damn wrist...what a ridiculous outcome. They actually PUNISH the Falcons and Browns for doing things against the rules, but they basically just scold the Patriots. Ridiculous how the powers that be in the NFL play favorites.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Slap on the damn wrist...what a ridiculous outcome. They actually PUNISH the Falcons and Browns for doing things against the rules, but they basically just scold the Patriots. Ridiculous how the powers that be in the NFL play favorites.

They haven't handed out discipline yet.

I think Brady gets 4-6 games. Vegas has already taken down the opening night line, for now.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking that you are not wrong with your assessment. Just premature. The discipline WILL be a slap on the wrist. Guaranteed.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In the end honestly, would deflated balls make any dang difference? Especially since it was a minimal difference. And even more so, referees had to have felt the ball during the game, how come no one said anything?

Either way, of someone gets worked up over this, I would question their sensibilities, since the NFL had had WAY more controversial things happen. Ray Rice knocked out his woman, another is child abuser, and we had Mike Vicks situation. But whatever. I am just ready for the season to start either way.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
In the end honestly, would deflated balls make any dang difference? Especially since it was a minimal difference. And even more so, referees had to have felt the ball during the game, how come no one said anything?

Either way, of someone gets worked up over this, I would question their sensibilities, since the NFL had had WAY more controversial things happen. Ray Rice knocked out his woman, another is child abuser, and we had Mike Vicks situation. But whatever. I am just ready for the season to start either way.

Said the guy whose avatar used to the a Patriots logo. What else could he say? SMFH

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

They did have more controversial things happen...and they handed out some stiff penalties in turn. The Patriots deserve punishment for CHEATING. Do deflated balls make a big difference? Hell yes they do...they provide better grip under less than optimal conditions (IE: Rain or Snow...like the AFC Championship game). Would the outcome have been different? Probably not, but does that mean that CHEATING should be justified regardless of whether it would effect the outcome?

Here's another example of cheating...which the NFL investigated and handed out a punishment for...and it didn't make a difference at all to a team that ended up 6-10, didn't make the playoffs and barely squeaked in those 6 wins in the first place, lol!

Atlanta Falcons lose 2016 pick for pumping fake noise - NFL.com

And you're going to say that people are getting too worked up over this? I'm not worked up over the event...cheating is cheating and it's not the first time the Patriots have crossed that line. No...I'm getting worked up over the idea that the punishment won't fit the crime, and they'll simply get a slap on the wrist because the team is one of the "elite" teams of the league, and Brady is a golden boy to the franchise and NFL.

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Patriots are and always will be my least favorite team. As a Razorback fan, I'm so glad that former Michigan/Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett is out of that place, but on the downside, he is in the AFC South now. Go Colts.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Said the guy whose avatar used to the a Patriots logo. What else could he say? SMFH

It will go back to the patriots when the pre season starts. Of course I will stick up for my team but at the same time, I don't think it is that serious. People look for any reason to hate the Patriots

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
They did have more controversial things happen...and they handed out some stiff penalties in turn. The Patriots deserve punishment for CHEATING. Do deflated balls make a big difference? Hell yes they do...they provide better grip under less than optimal conditions (IE: Rain or Snow...like the AFC Championship game). Would the outcome have been different? Probably not, but does that mean that CHEATING should be justified regardless of whether it would effect the outcome?

Here's another example of cheating...which the NFL investigated and handed out a punishment for...and it didn't make a difference at all to a team that ended up 6-10, didn't make the playoffs and barely squeaked in those 6 wins in the first place, lol!

Atlanta Falcons lose 2016 pick for pumping fake noise - NFL.com

And you're going to say that people are getting too worked up over this? I'm not worked up over the event...cheating is cheating and it's not the first time the Patriots have crossed that line. No...I'm getting worked up over the idea that the punishment won't fit the crime, and they'll simply get a slap on the wrist because the team is one of the "elite" teams of the league, and Brady is a golden boy to the franchise and NFL.

Hell, you just said it. Regardless, the Seahawks messed up and lost. And slightly deflated balled don't mean jack unless A.) The ball magically finds all of the recievers better or B.) The ball makes Seahawks defense/offense act stupid. If it doesn't do either of those things. The balls made little to no difference and like I said in my other post, why didn't the referees who handle the balls as well say anything?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hell, you just said it. Regardless, the Seahawks messed up and lost. And slightly deflated balled don't mean jack unless A.) The ball magically finds all of the recievers better or B.) The ball makes Seahawks defense/offense act stupid. If it doesn't do either of those things. The balls made little to no difference and like I said in my other post, why didn't the referees who handle the balls as well say anything?

But you missed the whole point. Cheating is cheating. They took the rulebook and stuck their middle finger up it's arse. And they won't be punished for breaking the rules the way other teams are regularly punished for breaking rules.

And their arrogant fans continue to dismiss the rule breaking (aka CHEATING) as no big deal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Totally missed the point.

And the AFC championship game that this deflate gate originated at was against the Colts, not the Seahawks.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But you missed the whole point. Cheating is cheating. They took the rulebook and stuck their middle finger up it's arse. And they won't be punished for breaking the rules the way other teams are regularly punished for breaking rules.

And their arrogant fans continue to dismiss the rule breaking (aka CHEATING) as no big deal.

Honestly, when put into context, I don't think this made that much of a difference in the outcome of the game. Even then, if they get penalized for it, they get penalized for it. I know I don't care either way. I just think it is nonsensical thing considering so much other issues going outside of thee NFL.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If i copy all the answers off a test from the person sitting next to me and I get all the answers wrong, I still cheated.

But you got all the answers wrong so you failed anyways, getting penalized for cheating in this analogy would be stupid. You fail either way.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, it wouldn't be stupid. It would make me think twice about trying to do it again.

Yeah but that could go either way. It could make me think twice about cheating again, or make me think twice about cheating off of that particular person again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234