Apple officially loses NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The story is a big deal but, as in all the stories about it, no one stops to talk about the cost. It’s a direct money loser. About 2.2 billion per season, no local markets, observes blackouts, the premier matchups go to time slots that Google doesn’t get, no playoff games. Directv before, now Google have to find a way to leverage the viewers coming to the games that will segue them to other content that could indirectly make it marginally profitable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The story is a big deal but, as in all the stories about it, no one stops to talk about the cost. It’s a direct money loser. About 2.2 billion per season, no local markets, observes blackouts, the premier matchups go to time slots that Google doesn’t get, no playoff games. Directv before, now Google have to find a way to leverage the viewers coming to the games that will segue them to other content that could indirectly make it marginally profitable.

That is why I haven’t gotten it over the years. It kills me to want to see a game and then discover that it’s blacked out in my area. Blackouts should be voided when paying for a service like this, in my opinion.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
That is why I haven’t gotten it over the years. It kills me to want to see a game and then discover that it’s blacked out in my area. Blackouts should be voided when paying for a service like this, in my opinion.

Completely agree. I understand the stadium revenue is the best $$ for the local team, so they want the stadium filled. But paying 2 to 3 hundred dollars for just 17 Sundays of afternoon games is pitching enough into the NFL coffers to see a blacked out game imho.
A VPN with Google will be very helpful. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Completely agree. I understand the stadium revenue is the best $$ for the local team, so they want the stadium filled. But paying 2 to 3 hundred dollars for just 17 Sundays of afternoon games is pitching enough into the NFL coffers to see a blacked out game imho.
A VPN with Google will be very helpful. :)

In regard to filling the stadiums, you’re absolutely right. However, Tampa is an hour away from Orlando and yet, whenever the Bucs play at Raymond James Stadium it is not blacked out in Orlando.

With that being said, game featuring the Commanders 10+ hours away will be blacked out here in Orlando. What the heck! … :)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
In regard to filling the stadiums, you’re absolutely right. However, Tampa is an hour away from Orlando and yet, whenever the Bucs play at Raymond James Stadium it is not blacked out in Orlando.

With that being said, game featuring the Commanders 10+ hours away will be blacked out here in Orlando. What the heck! … :)

Imho that’s utter BS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77