New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone :) Hope your weekend is going well so far. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I noticed a small issue while uploading a picture today. When i paste the picture URL in the text box, all the letters are cut off and you can only see the top small portion. :) Hopefully this is a easy fix

I'm running Mac OSx 10.9.5 on Safari Version 9.1.3
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.40.36 AM.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone :) Hope your weekend is going well so far. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I noticed a small issue while uploading a picture today. When i paste the picture URL in the text box, all the letters are cut off and you can only see the top small portion. :) Hopefully this is a easy fix

I'm running Mac OSx 10.9.5 on Safari Version 9.1.3
View attachment 117270

I don't even see the option to post an image. Before, I never used the URL method. I tapped to upload from my camera roll. Where do you see the option to post images?

This is all I see!
5579bcb64bbef7f3e714fd075f2e7975.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there a reason why we can't get desktop view in Safari on iPhone? I much prefer desktop view. I can get it in the Puffin browser along with the option to post images. But not in Safari. And I don't see image posting on the mobile view.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't even see the option to post an image. Before, I never used the URL method. I tapped to upload from my camera roll. Where do you see the option to post images?

Yip, when using the iMore Forums App I just normally post with text and nothing fancy but when I'm using the Desktop website i like to use quotes, links and pictures. Just makes the post more informative and helpful (i think). I don't often use the URL section to upload photo but its nice to at east see I've copied in the right link. :) I've attached a photo below showing you where I'm clicking.
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.10.10 AM.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yip, when using the iMore Forums App I just normally post with text and nothing fancy but when I'm using the Desktop website i like to use quotes, links and pictures. Just makes the post more informative and helpful (i think). I don't often use the URL section to upload photo but its nice to at east see I've copied in the right link. :) I've attached a photo below showing you where I'm clicking.
View attachment 117285

I know which icon it is. I just don't see that whole option feature on mobile in Safari. And it doesn't offer desktop view. I can get in the Puffin browser. I use TapaTalk mostly anyway.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I often use a Chromebook to access the forum. I had an issue, unrelated to these forums, a couple of weeks ago and cleared all my Chrome history, cookies, etc on the Chromebook. Since that time, while I was able to sign on to the forum, it wouldn't remember me, I had to sign in every time I came to the forum. I'm not sure what the issue is, just that it only occurs on Mobile Nations forums -- I'm not having this issue with other websites.

Then, starting yesterday or so, about the time as the most recent site redesign, I am completely unable to log in to the forums at all from the Chromebook. When I hit the button to log in, my password disappears when I hit the button.

If someone could look into this, or give me some hints as to what I may need to do, it would be appreciated.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Used to be, when I posted an image online, it retained the proper resolution. On the new site, it reduces the resolution way to much. I posted 2 wallpapers online, and the site reduced them from 1080x1920 to 360x640. That's horrible! You could see pixelation in the images. They looked cheap.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Aha !! just cleared the cache and turned off image previews and have reverted to a quick scroll through setup with no monster images, only images when I open a thread
Sort of Yippee!?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2