Do you really use Siri ?

Jjhunter55

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I pair my iPhone with a Plantronics bluetooth and use Siri all day long. Probably drives my employees crazy! I?m sure they make fun of me behind my back. I couldn?t live without it. Mostly for calls and short text messages.

WGTN

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I use Siri constantly for placing calls, making appointments, setting reminders, etc.. If "she" is capable of a task, I use it. With proper set up (a detailed address book) and a knowledge of "her" keywords, I seldom have a problem. Compared with the errors I make fat fingering the keyboard, she is invaluable.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I use it all the time, typically:

- making phone/facetime calls without having to search for contacts or unlock the phone
- getting a quick status of the temperature/weather
- setting reminders for a certain time
- adding items to my custom to-do list within my reminders app
- setting wake up alarm when travelling, better than fiddling with hotel alarm clock
- using it as my in-car GPS when driving. Phone has a car mount for easy viewing/access.
- playing playlists from music collection

I only wish my phone had TouchID (iPhone 5) so I could open apps with it without having to type my unlock passcode.

All of the above functions can be done manually, however it's MUCH quicker to tell Siri to do it vs. going into the associated app and doing it manually

I don't use it for web searches, I use either a web browser search (Chrome and Safari) or the Google Search app for that.

I really hope they expand the capability of it someday to do even more stuff, or even better maybe have a hands free way to activate it like the Moto X.

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I use it for dictation all the time, mostly in the car though. I also use it to set reminder, calendar events and timers. I love to ask her stupid questions too.. Just to see what Apple has come up with for an answer!

sf_basilix

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I got tired and aggravated of repeating myself. Voice recognition is one of the worst on apple. I'll admit, Google devices are so much better at this, despite the fact I'll probably never own a google device.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I got tired and aggravated of repeating myself. Voice recognition is one of the worst on apple. I'll admit, Google devices are so much better at this, despite the fact I'll probably never own a google device.

Interesting, I found that with my Android (SG3) and my Z10 I was always repeating myself, but with Siri, no problems at all....hummm

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use it fairly frequently to set appointments and reminders. I also use it for directions or to find a location. I will ask it to give me a score or a movie time occasionally as well. I rarely have any issues with Siri.

Sent using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Siri in the car is a must I use a dash mount

The more you interact with her the better she gets

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I use Siri everyday from setting my alarm to getting directions. Really handy when plugged in in the car and using "Hey Siri".

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use it more and more everyday. Especially for phone calls and text messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2