iMessages signed out?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a message that I was signed out. I saw this and I can’t get it to accept my phone number it’s just my email.
438d7ca1dc70880865531859c95d096d.jpg

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Will I still get messages?
You should be able to send and receive regular SMS and MMS messages through your carrier. Those don’t go through Apple’s servers at all.

iMessage status should stay about the same until your device re-registers.

Restarting simply forces the whatever app that’s stuck in the background to start again.

Reactions: Annie_M

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to send and receive regular SMS and MMS messages through your carrier. Those don’t go through Apple’s servers at all.

iMessage status should stay about the same until your device re-registers.

Restarting simply forces the whatever app that’s stuck in the background to start again.

So I won’t get iMessages?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So I won’t get iMessages?
Things should not change on that front.

If you’re currently not receiving iMessage messages, you won’t receive them after restarting. If you are, then you will continue after restarting.

Restarting doesn’t change any settings. It simply stops all the running apps, and starts them again (basically, power off the phone and power it back on).

The goal is just to force the phone to talk to Apple’s servers.

Reactions: Annie_M

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If the above does not work, try Reset All Settings.
This resets everything in Settings. Afterwards, you would need to add your wallpapers back. Set up everything in Settings. Set up any alarms and Reminders.
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If the above does not work, try Reset All Settings.
This resets everything in Settings. Afterwards, you would need to add your wallpapers back. Set up everything in Settings. Set up any alarms and Reminders.
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Didn’t. But it won’t wipe my phone?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There's a huge difference between "Resetting all settings" and "Erase iPhone".

"Reset all Settings" as suggested by Ledsteplin does this "Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted"

In order to wipe your iPhone (which you clearly don't want to do at this point) you would need to choose "Erase iPhone".

Source link

Reactions: Just_Me_D

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
There's a huge difference between "Resetting all settings" and "Erase iPhone".

"Reset all Settings" as suggested by Ledsteplin does this "Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted"

In order to wipe your iPhone (which you clearly don't want to do at this point) you would need to choose "Erase iPhone".

Source link

I like get triggered when I hear reset

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I completely understand!!! I had to do this with my iPhone 5s and I was on the phone with Apple Support and was pretty freaked out. They were so nice and stayed on the phone with me why I did it.

I may have had to do this before with another issue but I wanted to verify and not be surprised. I’ll get this done because a friend said they are going to emails.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth trying to sign out of your Apple ID and sign back in again. But if you have two-factor turned on for your Apple ID (these days most people do), make sure that you have another device that is a trusted device that you can use to verify the log in, or make sure that your phone number is set as a trusted number in Settings / Apple ID (the top setting) Sign In & Security / Two-Factor Authentication Settings.

Once you are sure that's set, Settings / Apple ID and scroll down to "Sign out". Then try signing back in again. Hopefully if nothing else works, that will.

Otherwise honestly I might consider contacting AppleCare for help.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth trying to sign out of your Apple ID and sign back in again. But if you have two-factor turned on for your Apple ID (these days most people do), make sure that you have another device that is a trusted device that you can use to verify the log in, or make sure that your phone number is set as a trusted number in Settings / Apple ID (the top setting) Sign In & Security / Two-Factor Authentication Settings.

Once you are sure that's set, Settings / Apple ID and scroll down to "Sign out". Then try signing back in again. Hopefully if nothing else works, that will.

Otherwise honestly I might consider contacting AppleCare for help.

And turn off Find My Phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77