Weekly Photo Contest: Avatars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
This week we're asking you to take a killer photo for your avatar here on iMore! Although self-portraits are extremely popular for people to use as their avatar, this is not a requirement. Pick a subject that reflects *you*, get creative, and capture that killer image that translates into the perfect avatar for *you*.

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them.

Additional Rule: For this contest, you must also set your photo as your iMore avatar in addition to sharing it to this thread.

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to take great looking portraits with your iPhone camera
How to edit portraits with iPhoto for iPhone and iPad
How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?

The contest begins now and ends next Wednesday, July 18 at 9p Pacific.

OnlyOneJK

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Taken with iPhone native Camera App. Used Olloclip Macro. Edits in VSCOCam app. One of my favorite photos. The 16-pin connector is one of the most iconic (and genius in terms of branding) apple accessories ever. Even if the new iPhone and future products say farewell, it will never be forgotten by all of us. (Probably because we'll have plenty of old cables laying around everywhere)

-OnlyOneJK

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Taken and edited with my iPhone4. The photo was just a spur of the moment thing and I had left the flash on by accident, but the results were pretty awesome.

Steps: iPhone camera app -> Camera+ for cropping and filter -> LED Photo app for background pixel effect -> Juxtaposer app for photo overlay -> Camera+ for cropping once again.

(Edited to include which apps I used)

Last edited:

ParanoidPyro

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Taken with iPhone4s, edited with iDarkroom and Instagram.

**edit: the original photo's exif data was cleared out by idarkroom or instagram.**

Last edited:

fujiwarakazeyuki

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Taken from my iphone 4 and i edited it with #iphoto #facecam and i mosaic it with #iphotomosaic app with the #imore logo. I'm pretty sure you didn't notice the imore logo?

fujiwarakazeyuki

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Taken from my iphone 4 and i edited it with #iphoto #facecam and i mosaic it with #iphotomosaic app with the #imore logo. I'm pretty sure you didn't notice the imore logo???

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Taken with iPhone 4S front camera. Imported into Instagram to crop and filter. I love this picture. I wear earphones or headphones about 10 hours a day... my poor ears in about 20 years; oh well. I love my white Beats and I love my music so this picture just says "Travis" to me. The picture came out exactly how I wanted it. The red cable gives it just that little pop of color.

aaronlvance

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My family and I travel a lot to Colombia, so this photo sums up who I am.

In case you're wondering, I have a glass bowl on my desk with the pic of my wife and I and a world marble in it, and there's a Colombian flag hanging on the wall next to me. That explains the odd reflection.

I used Snapseed for a couple simple edits

Thanks for the motivation to change our avatars! I would really really like to win :)
2012-07-12120403.jpg

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Took this with the iPhone camera, edited with iPhoto for iPhone.

These are my girlfriend's and I dogs, that was the first night they met and acted as if they knew each other! :)

tjlambert

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Too bad I missed the automotive contest... I took this shot a while back; It's me kneeling next to my new truck, with the car I just traded in for it reflected in the bumpers' shine. It really did hurt to see it go, I loved that little car.
Photo taken with iPhone 4 as an HDR and cropped & edited in iPhoto for iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711