initial setup and internet connection

FLIR31207

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello community,

in a few days I will be setting up a new MacBook; at the time of the first power on, I will be in a hotel, where I have to authenticate at the proxy's web page, before I can connect to the internet.
Does the setup procedure "allow" me to do this authentication, or will the internet connection fail in this scenario? Are there any drawbacks from doing the initial setup without internet connection (I do have an Apple ID already, and do not need to download any data from iCloud initially)?

Thanks for your help.
Andy

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello community,

in a few days I will be setting up a new MacBook; at the time of the first power on, I will be in a hotel, where I have to authenticate at the proxy's web page, before I can connect to the internet.
Does the setup procedure "allow" me to do this authentication, or will the internet connection fail in this scenario? Are there any drawbacks from doing the initial setup without internet connection (I do have an Apple ID already, and do not need to download any data from iCloud initially)?

Thanks for your help.
Andy

Not sure how/why this would cause you any issues. Just power it up, turn on wifi, launch Safari and authenticate through the proxy page, and then Bob's your uncle.