Questions regarding sleep and standby mode

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I went into terminal and changed the pmset -a standbydelay to 43200 (12 hours). And i also made the sleep and displaysleep both 1 (minutes). So that also made the settings in energy saver 1 minute for both display sleep and computer sleep. I was wondering, if i change the settings in energy saver, does this apply if the lid is closed? These are the settings i want:
While lid is open: display sleep - 10 minutes ; Computer sleep - 1 hour
While lid is closed: Computer sleep - 10 minutes ; Time it takes to switch from sleep to hibernate ("standbydelay" in terminal) - 12 hours

Any way to get these specific settings? Im open to downloading any apps that would do exactly this. But nothing else, i want to find a way to get exactly these ^^^^ settings! Thanks!

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
actually, the computer doesnt immediately sleep when the lid is closed. You can change those settings easily by going into energy saver preferences...
But im looking for a way to get the settings that i listed above. I know there is a way, i just need to find it.
Any also, does anyone know if the energy saver preferences also apply when the lid is closed? or is that something that would need to be changed through terminal?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77