Should I Install Adobe Flash Player on My Mac Mini?

jnat88

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a new Mac Mini about a year ago and have kept it fairly stock and clean. I didn't really have any issues with not being able to do things I needed to get done and if I did, I would just wait until I was at work and get it done on their computer. But, I am running into a lot more instances of needing Adobe Flash Player on the web lately. I really don't want to install it.

Any thoughts on the pluses and minuses of installing it or not? Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depends on what the instances are. If it's mostly those annoying entry screens people have on websites...well worth skipping. (And warrants an email complaining to whoever maintains that site.)

jnat88

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
No, mostly map and video related. Also some games won't play, but that doesn't bother me because it just gives me more time to do other things rather than waste my time on a silly game (I save that for work!).

CynthiaAB

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Do I need to add adobe flash player to Mac Mini. I thought Macs didn't need it. But how do I get into places that say need adobe flash player?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do I need to add adobe flash player to Mac Mini. I thought Macs didn't need it. But how do I get into places that say need adobe flash player?

You do not have to install Flash on your Mac. The vast majority of websites have stopped requiring it due to security issues that have plagued Flash for years.
On the rare occasion I absolutely need Flash I use Chrome instead of Safari. Chrome comes standard with a sandboxed version of Flash that is much safer than Adobe's version for Safari.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77