Otterbox Defender Series for iPad my thoughts

dres79

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got the case from Otterbox directly so figured id post up a little personal review.

Since the iPad came out i have waited for this to come in. It was a must have for me after getting one for the 3GS. My biggest fear was always dropping the iPad due to reviews i had read. I tried the Incase Convertible Jacket but it has its limitations. So finally it has arrived.

The Otterbox is a 3 piece cover and fits really snug against the iPad. As always you have the hard plastic shell, the rubbery skin wrapping the plastic and you get a snap on hard shell for the front that also acts as a stand.
One thing i need to note is that i have the Invisible Shield on the front of the Ipad and that made installation a little rough. The Otterbox plastic is a full face front with the upper back half that slides up for the installation. Thus the friction between the shield and plastic was the rough part. (a little rubbing alcohol would have made this easier if you have the shield).
Another plus is a little slider on the back lower of the case that allows to connect the Apple docking station. Obviously it adds a little more bulk and weight to it but still very comfortable. Another plus is with the hard cover when using it as a stand will sit better on your lap. This was a big downfall for me with the Incase Convertible Jacket.

The only complaint i can see people having is the Rotating Lock is hard to get to. Volume rocker, sleep button and home buttons are all covered and easy to use. On the bottom there are 3 slots for the speakers.

IN THE BOX: you get the 3 piece cover, cleaning cloth, screen protector and instructions for installation.

Over all i am extremely happy with the case. It is everything i was expecting and now i can carry the iPad a round with me and really not fear ever dropping it as i know it will be protected. ( But dont ask me to do any drop reviews for it) So here are some pictures:

84977e7e.jpg

d7e66343.jpg

6c275396.jpg

b46d5332.jpg

8a156a57.jpg

c8d1919f.jpg

WHAT YOU GET:
d19c5324.jpg

Wish i had taken pics prior to installation but this thing is not going to come out to easy due to my Invisible Shield.

I highly recommend this case over anything that i have seen. It is definitely worth the $90 price tag! Now just waiting for the i4 case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2