Youtube is really slow on my iPad

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Not that it's much help, but I just wanted to chime in to say that I've been having this same issue. I've especially noticed it while loading in-line youtube videos through Safari, but I've seen it on the app as well. Really frustrating, there's no reason these videos should be loading so slowly.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Not directly related but...

I have noticed that my 3G connection seems slower, these days. I can't help wondering if AT&T is doing a bit of throttling - particularly to those of us who are grandfathered into the unlimited plan.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Not that it's much help, but I just wanted to chime in to say that I've been having this same issue. I've especially noticed it while loading in-line youtube videos through Safari, but I've seen it on the app as well. Really frustrating, there's no reason these videos should be loading so slowly.

Same thing here ..

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Interestingly I've too began noticing this issue while watching youtube videos on wifi. I can see the buffer bar load quickly at first but then after a couple of seconds the buffering stops and only moves at a crawl. I'm also noticing that downloading apps is taking forever too. I took 40 minutes to download a 27MB file over wifi the other day. I'm not noticing these slow speeds on any other device on my network so if must be the iPad.

kittykatta

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it needs to be clarified to those without the problem that the issue isn't YouTube playing slow, it's YouTube not even loading. I've had this problem since launch and still can't figure it out. YouTube loads the first 20sec fast then simply stops buffering completely. Then I go to the laptop and it works fine.

I have to blame apple on this because iPhone/MacBook work fine. It's just that super popular update-ignored iPad giving me problems.

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a fast 20 Mb/s connection and the high quality videos load slow. The video starts, plays about 10 seconds and than it stops. Its buffering but very slowly. I'm on an wifi iPad 16 GB.

My laptop loads the videos with no hiccups, so it must be the iPad. The strange thing is that it wasn't doing this when i bought it. After a few weeks or so it started doing this. Other apps stream without problems. Movie Club streams entire movies in HQ so there must be something in the YouTube iPad app.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I have a fast 20 Mb/s connection and the high quality videos load slow. The video starts, plays about 10 seconds and than it stops. Its buffering but very slowly. I'm on an wifi iPad 16 GB.

My laptop loads the videos with no hiccups, so it must be the iPad. The strange thing is that it wasn't doing this when i bought it. After a few weeks or so it started doing this. Other apps stream without problems. Movie Club streams entire movies in HQ so there must be something in the YouTube iPad app.

I was just going to ask if this happens just in the YouTube app or if it is also in websites with YouTube videos, because mine seemed to be behaving, of late...then I realized that mine was acting stupid last night, as well, on wifi.

It's been a while since I followed this issue. Were many non-jail breakers experiencing this, too?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
What's weird is that his doesn't seem to happen with every video. Some are just fine, which is why I forgot this was an issue, at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2