- iMore Pro
- 625 Posts
iPad Mini (A1432) Black Screen and iTunes Recovery Loop
Normally I am able to figure this sort of stuff out, but I am stumped here. A friend gave me her iPad Mini and said the screen stopped working and it's been charging for 48 hours. I have tried charging with 2 different cables, 2 different blocks, and 2 different outlets at several different locations. I still have a black screen.
I plugged it into my desktop and opened iTunes. iTunes says it has detected an iPad in Recovery Mode and needs to be restored. The issue... that message can be clicked through and 5 seconds later the same message appears. When I do click through that message, iTunes goes back to the default home screen.
So I would say this iPad in stuck in DFU mode, but since the screen is completely back, I can't tell what is going on.
Any thoughts on how to fix this with a software fix since the iPad is now out of warranty?
- Best AnswerJun 23 2015 | 8:02 am EDT
- 06-23-2015, 08:02 AM #2
Re: iPad Mini (A1432) Black Screen and iTunes Recovery Loop
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2015, 07:24 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2015, 07:12 AM
- By Irfanfarooqi in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2015, 07:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-23-2015, 04:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2015, 10:09 PM