How many of you use your mini for note taking?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are several threads in the Apps forum dealing specifically with taking notes on iPads. Please don't turn this into another.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Because the title asks if you take notes. That is a specific question that can be answered with yes or no. The convenience is implied in the question. But the how is the domain of another forum - Apps and Games, and has at least 3 threads, requiring no reinvention of the wheel, or taking the thread off topic.

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What keyboard is everyone using while taking notes on the mini?

I use my at work and the GF is going to use it at school but typing on the screen really does not work well in my world.

aliasfan4

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that take notes, do you use a screen protector too? The Bamboo Stylus seems to work pretty good with my i-Blason Matte Anti-Glare protector, but the Hand Stylus does not. It works well if the screen protector is removed.

I read on mine a lot and try to use it more than my iphone, and want to take notes at work and at other meetings I am involved in, but I think the screen protector may be hampering that unless someone has a recommendation? I do take mine outside a lot and read, so that is why I went with the anti-glare. Its' ok but you still can't sit in the sun to read, even with the brightness level all the way up.

I am big on protection for my devices. I already dropped this once when the dog jumped on me. The case it was in got the corner tore off, so I changed to the RooCase Executive Portfolio Case, and i like it even tho it is stiff right now.

Any thoughts on screen protectors and note taking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that take notes, do you use a screen protector too? The Bamboo Stylus seems to work pretty good with my i-Blason Matte Anti-Glare protector, but the Hand Stylus does not. It works well if the screen protector is removed.

I read on mine a lot and try to use it more than my iphone, and want to take notes at work and at other meetings I am involved in, but I think the screen protector may be hampering that unless someone has a recommendation? I do take mine outside a lot and read, so that is why I went with the anti-glare. Its' ok but you still can't sit in the sun to read, even with the brightness level all the way up.

I am big on protection for my devices. I already dropped this once when the dog jumped on me. The case it was in got the corner tore off, so I changed to the RooCase Executive Portfolio Case, and i like it even tho it is stiff right now.

Any thoughts on screen protectors and note taking?

Let me help you out. This thread asks the question, "how many of you use your mini for note taking?" This thread has nothing to do with screen protectors so please keep the thread on topic. Below is a link to a discussion in regard to screen protectors. Feel free to ask your question there. Thanks for understanding and enjoy the rest of your day...:)

http://forums.imore.com/accessories/256395-screen-protector-not.html

aliasfan4

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Let me help you out. This thread asks the question, "how many of you use your mini for note taking?" This thread has nothing to do with screen protectors so please keep the thread on topic. Below is a link to a discussion in regard to screen protectors. Feel free to ask your question there. Thanks for understanding and enjoy the rest of your day...:)

http://forums.imore.com/accessories/256395-screen-protector-not.html

As this pertains to Note Taking, I posted my question here because I could care less as to how a screen protector makes the ipad look, feel or works when you draw on it. I am specifically looking for information on how Note Taking is working for other with Screen Protectors.

When I posed this question in another forum for screen protectors, i was told I was in the wrong forum. Every Ipad forum on the web that I have been on has been rude, judgemental and not helpful. If I spend 8 hours searching for an answer for what I want - not what someone else wanted - and I can't find it, why cannot I not pose the question in a NOTE TAKING thread since it pertains to wanting to draw from the experience of those that do NOTE TAKING, not drawing, or watching movies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As this pertains to Note Taking, I posted my question here because I could care less as to how a screen protector makes the ipad look, feel or works when you draw on it. I am specifically looking for information on how Note Taking is working for other with Screen Protectors.

When I posed this question in another forum for screen protectors, i was told I was in the wrong forum. Every Ipad forum on the web that I have been on has been rude, judgemental and not helpful. If I spend 8 hours searching for an answer for what I want - not what someone else wanted - and I can't find it, why cannot I not pose the question in a NOTE TAKING thread since it pertains to wanting to draw from the experience of those that do NOTE TAKING, not drawing, or watching movies.

You can and did pose your question in this note-taking thread, however, when I read your comment, your focus seemed more about screen protection rather than note taking and you still didn't answer the question posed by the OP. Also, you could have created your own thread and then posed your specific question. Still, I see your point of view. Anyway, hopefully, someone will be able to answer your question(s) soon. In the meantime, take care and enjoy the rest of your evening....:)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I use my iPad 3 for note taking all the time...I'm in a post-graduate program, where there is thousands of pages of reading to accomplish. The class offers the readings in ePub format, and after importing into iBooks, I am able to highlight and make extensive notes inside the readings. I was really reluctant to read on the iPad - I'm in my late 30s and didn't grow up reading on screens. At first, I printed my readings, but then I really gave the iPad a chance and it's amazing having all that material with me everywhere. I'd love a mini to read on, but the non-Retina is a tough adjustment for me, when I tried it out.

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what I'm doing a to whether I use a stylus or not, but Yea I use it for school and note taking. Usually using the "notability" app. I've found this one to fit more closely to my needs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2