Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking I will be holding off. Wife has an iPad 2 16GB wifi that she's happy with and I have an iPad 3rd Gen 64GB + LTE. Was looking at getting the Mini as it would be more convenient for me to work from while on-the-go but the lack of a Retina display has me waiting until next year when it has one (as I am sure it certainly will).

Anybody else in the same boat as me? I am considering maybe getting the fourth generation iPad with Retina to replace the iPad 2, but that feels extraneously frivolous due to us already each having an iPad that meets our needs fine.
i say you update the wife to a ipad 4 and sence u have a 3 you just keep that

nickpthemft

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
As I'm sitting here at my desktop PC refreshing the thread through Firefox, I realize how much I miss the pull-to-refresh on certain iOS apps. SO much easier and more intuitive. Someone needs to get on creating a desktop version of that, stat!

Bibojim

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So tempted to order one, but I was laid off in June, so I better not! Wondering if my mom will order one, she went with an iPod touch last year over an iPad because she wanted it to fit in her purse, she might want the mini version now.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
So I'm waiting to order the 4th generation (for my dad) and mini for myself. The last few weeks in college, I've come to realize all my work and notes are in PDF form and it would be so much more convenient to annotate research papers, download notes, and study off of a tablet rather than drag around the Macbook Pro with the battery cutting off after 3 hrs (especially on busy days where there are no outlets left at the library). Anybody have suggestions for must-have college apps?

Notability is great for PDF annotation. Noteshelf is great for general handwritten notetaking. Dropbox is simply a must to be able to access everything on both iPad and MacBook Pro.

Check out this Best Back to School apps for iPhone and iPad article I wrote a couple months ago for more
Best back-to-school apps for iPhone and iPad | iMore.com

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As I'm sitting here at my desktop PC refreshing the thread through Firefox, I realize how much I miss the pull-to-refresh on certain iOS apps. SO much easier and more intuitive. Someone needs to get on creating a desktop version of that, stat!

I second this!

Also, I just realized I became an iPhone intermediate in this thread. Nice!

TroyRific

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hope the LTE mini's go on sale tonight too even thought they'll take longer to ship. Want 64GB white. Never wanted white before but I prefer the silver back as opposed to the all black one. Still trying to muster the funds last minute.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2