Someone Stole my iPad - I'd like Apple to do something about it.

Cantor

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Someone stole my iPad while I was in Houston last week.

I came up with an idea that I'd love to get more support on. I know we all love our fruity devices, but I believe that Apple has to do more for the original owners who spent their money on these devices.

It's my iPad and it REALLY bugs me that someone can just steal my property and is probably out there right now, with a new iPad after doing a factory reset on it.

My idea, and the rest of the story is written here.

Letter to Apple | kontrolissues

In a nutshell, I'd like Apple to allow me to report the iPad as stolen and refuse to activate it. If apple refused to activate stolen iPads, I think there would suddenly be a lot less stolen iPads as they would really have no further value.

Please get the word out. This is the second iPad I've had stolen this year and I'm really not impressed, especially when Apple could very easily implement this function. Brick my device. If anyone tried to activate a device with that specific serial number, just refuse it. We all have to connect it to apples servers during the intial onboarding, just refuse to accept it.

or better yet, display a " You're in possession of a lost or stolen iPad. Please return it to the nearest Apple Store " message. I'd like my iPad back please.

@netmanchris

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you have the "find my iPhone" app on it? That works on iPads too... from a computer, you could remotely lock and locate it...