Upgrading Ram on MacBook Pro question
So I want to upgrade my mid 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro from the 4 it came with to the 8 max. I know it has two slots that can accommodate 4 each. My question is does anyone know if apple puts in two 2's and uses both slots or one 4 and leaves on slot open? I just need to know if I need to buy one or two 4gig ones.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- 06-28-2015, 01:49 PM #2
Re: Upgrading Ram on MacBook Pro question
You can confirm by (a) opening the case, or (b) going to > About This Mac and looking at the Memory tab. This tab will show you the current memory configuration (including used/unused slots), memory type requirements and provide a link to upgrade instructions.
I cannot upgrade the memory on my rMBP, so there is no Memory tab, but here's the info from my wife's iMac:
- By amirayazi in forum MacBook ProReplies: 14Last Post: 07-01-2015, 03:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2015, 11:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2015, 08:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2015, 07:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2015, 04:22 AM